Superintendent of Police among four suspended in the Jammu and Kashmir rape and murder caseJune 22nd, 2009 - 10:45 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 22 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday suspended four policemen, including the then Superintendent of Police, on recommendations of a one-man probe panel into the alleged killing of two women in Shopian on May 29.
The Commission, which was appointed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on June 3, submitted the interim report to the state government after examining more than a dozen witnesses, including the then Superintendent of Police.
The panel held the police responsible for destroying evidence and said the needle of suspicion pointed towards their involvement in the crime.
According to sources, the then Superintendent of Police Javed Iqbal, deputy Superintendent of Police Rohit Basgotra, Station House Officer Shafiq Ahmed and a Sub-Inspector were suspended on the basis of the Justice (retd) Muzzafar Jan Commission recommendations.
Justice Jan has also recommended action against some civil and medical officials of Shopian district for lapses in the conduct of the probe into the rape and murder of two women on May 29
- Shopian case: Relatives protest against delay in justice - Jun 07, 2010
- Judge to head Pakistan panel on Osama - Jun 01, 2011
- Four Shopian police officers' blood samples collected - Jul 19, 2009
- Cops suspended for destroying evidence in Shopian rape - Jun 22, 2009
- CBI's Shopian report not gospel truth: High Court - Dec 14, 2009
- CBI gives clean chit to accused in Shopian rape and murder case - Dec 14, 2009
- Pakistan apex court judge to head Osama probe panel - Jun 21, 2011
- Shopian case: CBI to submit report today - Dec 14, 2009
- No witnesses appear before Abbotabad panel - Aug 06, 2011
- Shopian victims bodies to be exhumed today - Sep 28, 2009
- CBI exhumes Shopian victims bodies - Sep 28, 2009
- Shopian court rejects bail plea of J- K police officers - Aug 06, 2009
- Shopian rape case: Lawyers forum demands probe - Dec 19, 2009
- Shopian rape and murder case: Victims family refuses to accept CBI's report - Dec 14, 2009
- CBI takes over Shopian rape and murder case - Sep 17, 2009
Tags: ahmed, chief minister, commission recommendations, deputy superintendent, destroying evidence, house officer, interim report, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, june 3, kashmir, lapses, medical officials, murder case, muzzafar, police among, policemen, state government, station house, two women