Super Mario Bros named ”Greatest Computer Game Ever”July 28th, 2008 - 3:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 28 (ANI): Super Mario Bros has been voted ”Greatest Computer Game Ever” in a new poll of 2,000 gamers.
In the game, brothers Mario and Luigi try to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom in a bid to save Princess Peach.
Pac-Man, which was released in 1980, came second in the poll, conducted by www.onepoll.com .
Third place went to another game from the 1980s; Tetris, while The Sims Stood fourth.
Rounding off the top five was Sonic the Hedgehog.
“Games which were invented years ago, like Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Super Mario and Pac Man all appear in the top ten,” the Telegraph quoted John Sewell, spokesman for www.onepoll.com , as saying.
“This shows that classic games will live on forever in the hearts of computer game fans.
“The gaming industry is getting more and more competitive, releasing more and more innovative games by the minute - but this survey proves that sometimes the most simple formats work well to keep game players hooked,” he added.
Top 20 Best Computer Games Ever:
1. Super Mario Bros. 2. Pac-Man 3. Tetris 4. The Sims 5. Sonic the Hedgehog 6. Space Invaders 7. Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas 8. Donkey Kong 9. Mario Kart 64 10. Grand Theft Auto - Vice City 11. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 12. Wii Sports 13. Final Fantasy 14. Gran Turismo 15. Lemmings 16. Frogger 17. Pokemon, Red, Blue and Green 18. Street Fighter II 19. Wii Play 20. Guitar Hero (ANI)
- Mario Bros 'Greatest Video Game Ever' - Aug 28, 2010
- Sonic the Hedgehog voted UKs Best Loved Character - Sep 11, 2008
- Super Mario Bros. celebrates its 25th anniversary - Sep 14, 2010
- Penelope Cruz in Mario's avatar - Aug 17, 2012
- Video gamers are terrible drivers: Study - Feb 01, 2011
- Brit Police officers caught watching porn, playing games on department computers - Dec 29, 2009
- Happy 25th Birthday, Nintendo! - Oct 18, 2010
- Pokemon Chief Writer, Takeshi Shudon Is No More - Nov 04, 2010
- Google Pac-Man doodle 'cost economy $120m' in lost productivity - May 26, 2010
- Nintendo Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. - Sep 14, 2010
- Google's Pac-Man logo cost $120 mn to economy - May 26, 2010
- Target Black Friday 2009 deals - $3 appliances - Nov 13, 2009
- Video games improve shooting accuracy - May 01, 2012
- Russia's defence ministry to spend $3 mn on website - Mar 08, 2012
- Charles Martinet Remembered Fondly On Mario's 25th Anniversary - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: 2 pac, donkey kong, game fans, grand theft auto, grand theft auto vice city, greatest computer, guitar hero, innovative games, john sewell, lara croft tomb raider, mario and luigi, mario kart 64, mushroom kingdom, pac man, princess peach, sims 5, sonic the hedgehog games, super mario bros, theft auto san andreas, wii