Sukhna Land Scam: Antony says army chief will take action against accusedJanuary 13th, 2010 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 13 (ANI): Defence Minister AK Antony, who had a meeting with Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor over the Sukhna land scam on Wednesday, said the Army Chief would launch disciplinary and administrative proceedings against all officials alleged to be involved in the scam.
Antony said his ministry had received the report on the land scam and the names of all officials involved.
Sources claim that General Deepak Kapoor may take only administrative action against the tainted Generals involved in the scam.
Earlier on Monday (January 11), sources claimed that General Deepak Kapoor had recommended initiation of administrative action against the Military Secretary and other senior Generals, who were indicted by the Court of Inquiry (COI).
Military Secretary Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash is to retire from the service on January 31.
Prakash is one of the eight principal staff officers (PSOs) at the Army Headquarters, who acts as an advisor to the Army Chief.
Earlier, in December 2009, the Eastern Army Command chief, Lt. Gen. V.K. Singh, had recommended a summary dismissal for Prakash.
The report also recommended initiating proceedings against Lt. Gen. P.K. Rath, whose appointment as deputy chief of army staff has been scrapped by the Defence Ministry.
It was reportedly learnt that General Kapoor’s action came after coming under severe pressure by the Defence Minister A K Antony.
The proceedings of the Court Martial will also be initiated against Lt. Gen P K Rath, and Maj. Gen P C Sen, who were also allegedly indicted by the CoI report.
The Sukhna land scam involved the sale of civilian land adjacent to the Sukhna military station near Darjeeling.
The court of inquiry into the Sukhna land scam case, in which three other Army generals have been indicted, holds Lt General Prakash responsible for allegedly hiding information and taking undue interest in promoting the vested agenda of real estate developer and family friend Dilip Agarwal. (ANI)
- Court martial of army's former military secretary complete - Dec 02, 2011
- Army chief orders court martial against Lt Gen Prakash - Jan 29, 2010
- Lieutenant General Rath withdraws petition from the Armed Forces Tribunal - Feb 25, 2010
- Sukhna Land Scam: Army Chief recommends administrative action against senior Generals - Jan 11, 2010
- Sukna land scam: Lt.Gen. Avadesh Prakash sacked by court martial (Roundup) - Dec 03, 2011
- Antony recommends disciplinary action against Lt General Prakash - Jan 27, 2010
- Sukna scam: Lt.Gen. Avadesh Prakash dismissed from service - Dec 03, 2011
- Antony recommends court martial of top army general (Lead) - Jan 27, 2010
- Army chief orders court martial of chief aide (Lead) - Jan 29, 2010
- Antony recommends court martial of top general - Jan 27, 2010
- Court of Inquiry into Sukhna land scam over: Army - Dec 23, 2009
- Army chief asks media not to prejudge senior army officers - Dec 02, 2009
- Army appoints Lt Gen G M Nair as new Military Secretary - Jan 27, 2010
- Army court's verdict in Sukna land scam soon - Jan 18, 2011
- Scams that rocked defence ministry since 2007 [To go with 'Bribe offer shocked me out of wits: Army chief (Lead)'] - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: administrative action, administrative proceedings, army chief, army command, army generals, army headquarters, army staff, chief of army, command chief, defence ministry, land scam, lt general, military secretary, military station, principal staff, real estate developer, scam case, staff officers, summary dismissal, undue interest