Successful flight tests of Nishant UAVJune 20th, 2008 - 7:31 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore , June 20 (ANI): Nishant, the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the Indian Army has been successfully flight tested near Kolar today.
The State of Art UAV is developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bangalore jointly with Defence Electronics Applications Laboratory ( DEAL ), Dehradun ; Research and Development Engineers ( RDE ), Pune and Aerial Delivery Research Development Estallishment (ADRDE), Agra .
Nishant is one of the few UAVs in the world in its weight class capable of being catapult launch and recovered by using parachute thus eliminating need for runway as in the case of conventional take off and landing with wheels.
Nishant has completed development Phase and User trials. The present flight tests are Pre Confirmatory Trials before induction into the services.
The flight tests were witnessed by User representatives and seniorscientists of DRDO participated in the flight Trials. (ANI)
- DRDO's UAV 'Nishant' completes confirmatory flight trials - Feb 03, 2011
- Nishant UAV successfully tested by army ahead of induction - Feb 03, 2011
- India test-flies Nishant drone with new technology - Oct 29, 2010
- Indigenous Rustom UAV completes successful fifth flight - Nov 11, 2011
- Pilotless target aircraft Lakshya-II successfully tested - Jan 27, 2012
- India's new test range for weapons trials goes operational - Dec 15, 2010
- Unmanned aircraft flown by DRDO at Kolar - Oct 29, 2010
- DRDO demonstrates indigenous aerostat system - Dec 28, 2010
- Indigenous drone successfully test flown - Jun 20, 2008
- DRDO test flies Rustom unmanned aircraft - Oct 16, 2010
- India to develop unmanned combat aerial vehicle - Nov 25, 2009
- Eighth Aero India 2011 - International Seminar to be held in Bangalore - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Golden Hawk' to guard Chandigarh - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian-run New Zealand firm designs UAV for cloud seeding - Mar 26, 2012
- Maiden flight of indigenous UAV - Apr 05, 2009
Tags: aerial delivery, aeronautical development, defence electronics, defence research, development engineers, development establishment, development organisation, development phase, drdo, electronics applications, flight tests, flight trials, indian army, laboratory deal, launch, state of art, uav, uavs, unmanned aerial vehicle, weight class