Subodh Kant Sahai assumes charge as Minister of Food Processing IndustriesMay 29th, 2009 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 29 (ANI): Subodh Kant Sahai assumed charge as the Food Processing Industries Minister here on Friday,
He was welcomed by Secretary Ashok Sinha and other senior officers of the Ministry. Immediately, after assuming charge, Sahai had a meeting with all the senior officers of the Ministry and reviewed the status of various programmes and issues relating to the Ministry.
Meanwhile, Union Minister of Labour and Employment, Mallikarjun Kharge and Minister of State in the Ministry, Harish Rawat assumed the charge of their respective offices.
Secretary Labour and Employment, Sudha Pillai, along with the senior officials of the Ministry, briefed the two Ministers on various important matters concerning the Ministry including the priority areas.
Speaking to reporters on the occasion, Kharge outlined the priority areas of the Ministry.
He said that expansion of skill development initiative would be taken up in a big way and similarly, it would be ensured that the coverage under the Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojna (RSBY) Scheme is expanded to cover all BPL workers within three years.
“The RSBY which already covers the building workers will also be expanded to cover others above poverty line (APL) workers in the unorganized sector.
The Minister further said that the other priority areas include the implementation of social security schemes under the Building and Other Construction Workers Act, the promulgation of the National Employment Policy and amendment of EPF and ESI Acts to cover all establishments with ten or more employees instead of existing threshold of 20 employees. (ANI)
- Government health insurance to cover beedi workers - Mar 15, 2012
- Spread awareness on health schemes: Dikshit - Jun 30, 2012
- Cashless health insurance for 4.75 mn domestic workers - Jun 23, 2011
- National Social Security Fund set up - Aug 24, 2011
- Government mulling health insurance for domestic workers - Jul 27, 2010
- Kharge lays foundation stone of ESIC Nursing College in Bangalore - Feb 04, 2011
- Kharge inaugurates State-of-the-Art ESIC hospital at Manesar - Mar 28, 2011
- Court directs medical benefits for TB workers - Apr 26, 2012
- Helpline for labourers in Delhi - May 01, 2011
- Over 14.5 million covered under social security programme - Nov 29, 2010
- India seeks accord to avoid dual social security taxation - Apr 23, 2010
- National Social Security Fund to be set up for unorganized sector workers - Feb 26, 2010
- 100,000 skilled workers to join tourism sector - Jul 05, 2012
- India, US to cooperate on labour issues - Feb 03, 2012
- Why no social security for unorganised workers, NAC asks government - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: ashok, development initiative, employment policy, epf, food processing industries, harish rawat, industries minister, minister of labour, minister of state, national employment, poverty line, priority areas, sahai, sinha, skill development, social security schemes, subodh, sudha, union minister, unorganized sector