Style, elegance rule the ramp at Bangalore fashion showJanuary 18th, 2009 - 4:06 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Jan.18 (ANI): Young fashion designers showcased an exquisite collection of stylish and elegant outfits here on Saturday.
An exquisite collection of by a young fashion designer Gayatri Khanna, created quite a buzz among the fashion enthusiasts.
Gayatri drew inspiration from the world famous luxurious car brand Mercedes-Benz to come up with a collection which stood out for its simplicity and classic looks.
The dresses, both long and short in colours like Black, Red, Blue, Grey, Pink, mesmerised audience at the show.
According to the designer, the collection was all western with a European feel to the brand. The emphasis in all the dresses was on cut, form and style.
“We are a very western wear designer, it’’s not much Indian at all. It’’s not influenced by Indian either, it is just a very western wear more European looking feeling brand. That’’s our basic niche. We don”t use too much embroidery we focus more on the fabric, the cuts, the drape and the style,” said Gayatri Khanna, fashion designer.
Having worked with renowned brands like Givenchy and Robert Cavalli designer, Gayatri Khanna has a distinct western touch to her garments. (ANI)
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra named India's Best Dressed - Oct 08, 2011
- Indian embroidery, needlework making Western inroads: Falguni-Shane (With Image) - Jun 04, 2012
- Mumbai to host fashion grand prix - Oct 11, 2011
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Lauren Bush thinks Michelle Obama's sense of style is great - Sep 15, 2010
- Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images) - Jun 07, 2012
- Organic collection in LFW brings alive eco-theme - Aug 22, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim Showcases Creative Swimsuit - Jul 17, 2010
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Goa was birthplace of Indo-Western garments: Wendell Rodricks (Interview, With Image) - Jan 27, 2012
- Coco Austin shows off her famous posterior in see through dress - Sep 16, 2010
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- TV doesn't have many fashion-based shows: Shantanu - May 31, 2012
Tags: car brand, drape, elegance, elegant outfits, embroidery, exquisite collection, fashion designer, fashion designers, fashion enthusiasts, fashion show, garments, givenchy, luxurious car, mercedes benz, ramp, renowned brands, robert cavalli, simplicity, western wear, young fashion