Students protest killing of Kashmiri teacherNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
They demanded a swift inquiry into the matter. The protestors blamed the authorities for turning a deaf ear towards the incident.
“Through out protest we want the authorities to know that such an incident has happened,” said Mudasir Ali, a student.
Students condemned the alleged violent act by the Army. They said that the Army personnel needed to learn some lessons on non-violence.
“In just a month he (J-K Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad) has spent millions to spread (Mahatma) Gandhi’s slogan of non-violence. I just want to tell our Chief Minister that instead of organising such seminars for students, he should do it for the Indian army,” said Sheikh.
Abdul Rashid Mir was allegedly shot down after he objected to alleged harassment by army men of the females accompanying him while he was passing through the Rawatpora forest on Saturday.
Meanwhile, the army has initiated a probe into the matter. They have arrested one soldier, Mohammad Tariq, for killing the teacher.
Police is also conducting an independent trial into the matter. (ANI)
- Thousands protest pepper spray at California campus - Nov 22, 2011
- Antony orders probe into Kashmir youth's killing - Jul 26, 2012
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- Telangana students try to storm assembly, protests rock Hyderabad (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Bloody Monday leaves 16 dead across Kashmir (Fourth Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Srinagar students accuse teacher of molestation - May 23, 2011
- Four including two teenagers killed in Kashmir firing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- California cops on leave after pepper-spraying sparks outrage - Nov 21, 2011
- Students clash with police in Allahabad, torch vehicles - Apr 27, 2012
- Team Anna apologises to media for scuffle - Jul 31, 2012
- A generation that wants to 'know the Mahatma' - Oct 02, 2011
- Telangana students attack teachers in Osmania University - Aug 28, 2010
- Thousands rally for Anna in Taj city - Aug 25, 2011
- Students clash with police in Bulandshahr - Apr 29, 2011
- Antony orders probe into Kashmir youth's killing (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: abdul rashid, army men, army personnel, authorities, azad, chief minister, deaf ear, ghulam nabi, indian army, kashmiri, mahatma gandhi, protestors, spent millions, student students, students protest, teacher students, violence, violent act