Students protest against Israeli offensive in GazaJanuary 5th, 2009 - 8:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 5 (ANI): Students Federation of India (SFI), students” wing of Communist Party of India (Marxist), staged protest here today against Israeli offensive in Gaza and to show solidarity with the Palestinians.
The SFI protestors blamed the United States for the Israeli attack and accused United Progressive Alliance government for not strongly condemning the attacks on Gaza.
“Media is not being permitted entry into Gaza, so we have no clue of exact number of causalities. We have come to know that some schools have also been bombed. The UN and the US have maintained a silence and everything is happening on the dictates of the US. Our UPA government is not condemning in the strong way as it should have been,” said Rohini an activist.
The demonstrators also threw their footwear at the roadside to express their anger.
“We threw our footwear to condemn the inhumane attack and also to make them realise about their shameful act,” said Yusuf Anjum, another activist.
About 530 Palestinians have reportedly been killed since Israel launched its offensive on December 27 to curtail Hamas rocket attacks on its territory from Gaza. (ANI)
- Hamas calls on Palestinians to abduct Israelis - Apr 18, 2012
- Anti-Israel protests continue in India - Jan 11, 2009
- Hamas hails decision to permanently open Rafah border crossing - May 27, 2011
- Palestinian reconciliation unlikely in 2012: Hamas official - Mar 31, 2012
- Demands in exchange for Shalit will grow: Hamas - Jun 28, 2010
- Seize Israeli soldiers to swap for Palestinian prisoners: Hamas - Oct 07, 2011
- Israeli military condemns Brit activists for revealing its 'war criminal' soldiers on website - Nov 20, 2010
- Protest against Israeli attack on pro-Palestinian peace activists staged in Delhi - Jun 02, 2010
- Around 16,500 Palestinians cross Egypt's border with Gaza - Jun 25, 2010
- Thousands of Palestinians, aid cross Egypt's border with Gaza - Jun 12, 2010
- Israel fires at two Palestinians on Gaza border - Jan 18, 2011
- Israel Navy intercepts Gaza-bound aid vessels - Nov 04, 2011
- Israel calls Palestinian deal a 'fatal mistake' - Apr 29, 2011
- Israeli air strike kills one Palestinian in Gaza - Jan 12, 2011
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: activist, alliance government, anger, clue, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, demonstrators, dictates, exact number, footwear, gaza media, hamas, israeli attack, New Delhi, palestinians, progressive alliance, protestors, rocket attacks, sfi, solidarity