Students make a beeline in Delhi University colleges for admission on first dayJune 1st, 2009 - 7:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 1 (ANI): Thousands of admission-seeking students thronged various colleges of Delhi University on the first day of admission process which commence here on Monday morning.
Long queues of students were witnessed at all the 16 centres where the pre-admission forms for nearly 49,000 seats in 61 colleges have been made available to purchase. The filled up forms can be deposited at the same centres.
The common OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) pre-admission form, which can be used for all colleges and courses, and information bulletin can be purchased for Rs 50 till June 15.
Delhi University has taken several steps to make the admission process a hassle-free affair by introducing a number of measures for students’ convenience.
Dean of Students Welfare S K Vij on Monday said that this time one centre in Swami Shraddhanand College in Alipur village area has been added so that students from that part can be saved from commuting.
Forms for Combined Aptitude Test for English (CATE), the newly-introduced entrance examination for admission in English (Hons) course, are also available at the Faculty of Arts in DU’s North Campus. The test will take place on June 17.
Students belonging to SC/ST can purchase forms from four centres especially set up for them by the university.
For physically challenged students a centre has been set up at the DSW office in North Campus. The admission forms for these category are available for free.
However, to assist physically challenged applicants in filling up forms and for other assistance, the university has also deputed trained volunteers and sign language experts this time.
The first admission list will be released on June 25.
Delhi police have deployed about 300 personnel in the university area to prevent any untoward incident in the campus. (ANI)
- Delhi University begins sale of admission forms - Jun 04, 2012
- Delhi varsity admissions kick off, 26,000 forms sold - Jun 01, 2009
- Delhi University admission process to begin June 15 - May 06, 2011
- Delhi University begins admission process on Monday - Jun 01, 2009
- Delhi University forms available at Airport Metro counter - Jun 09, 2012
- How may we help you? DU students union asks freshers - Jun 04, 2009
- Delhi University to offer 5,000 more seats this year - May 11, 2010
- Jamia to introduce OMR application forms - Apr 13, 2011
- DU officials say no 100 percent cut-off this time - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi varsity sells maximum forms to disabled in a day - Jun 01, 2010
- Delhi University asked to give migration certificate to student - Oct 20, 2009
- St Xavier's to hold admission test in Beijing - Jun 03, 2011
- BCom admissions to Punjab varsity to be online - Jun 06, 2011
- Over 40,000 Delhi University forms sold on Day One - May 28, 2010
- DTC low-floor buses to run in Delhi University's north campus - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: aptitude test, beeline, cate, colleges of delhi university, dean of students, delhi police, dsw, entrance examination, faculty of arts, hons, information bulletin, language experts, optical mark recognition, queues, rs 50, several steps, time one, university colleges, untoward incident, vij