Striking AI unions to hold talks with managementMay 26th, 2010 - 1:20 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 26 (ANI): Air India unions on Wednesday said they are ready to hold talks with the management over the gag order issue.
Over 20,000 employees, including engineers launched a nationwide flash strike on Tuesday to protest the gag order.
The gag order is a circular prohibiting union leaders from going public with their demands.
With the striking employees unrelenting on their demand for withdrawal of the gag order and the show cause notices to union leaders, the Air India management toughened its stand late last night threatening to even terminate employees if they did not call off their stir.
Passengers are facing a harrowing time as the airline cancelled over 75 domestic and international flights across the nation.
On Tuesday, over 50 domestic and international flights were cancelled while several others were delayed by over two hours.
Air India has announced a full refund to those whose flights were cancelled and made arrangements for hotel accommodation and local transport to those in transit.
The striking employees also are meeting the Chief Labour Commissioner S.K.Mukhopadhyay in New Delhi to place their demands. (ANI)
- Mumbai High court declines to stay Air India staff strike - May 26, 2010
- Striking pilots ground Air India fliers for second day - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India cancels 90 percent domestic flights on sixth day of pilots' strike - May 03, 2011
- Day after strike, Air India seeks to restore normalcy - May 27, 2010
- AI not to levy cancellation or refund fees - Apr 27, 2011
- Air India staffers launch flash strike in Mumbai - May 25, 2010
- Central government staff can travel on private airlines - May 26, 2010
- Air India struggles as many flights cancelled - May 27, 2010
- Air India stir off after Delhi High Court's gag order (Roundup) - May 26, 2010
- Court stays Air India pilots' strike that grounded 50 flights (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Court livid as Air India pilots' stir grounds 185 more flights - May 03, 2011
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India employees call off strike, 15 striking employees sacked - May 26, 2010
- Air India cancels 150 flights as pilots continue strike (Second Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Air India pilots call off stir (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012