Strategic guru K Subrahmanyam cremated with full honoursFebruary 4th, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 4 (ANI): K Subrahmanyam, the doyen of the strategic affairs community in India, a distinguished former civil servant and a prolific writer, was cremated with full honours at the Lodhi Road Crematorium here on Friday.
Defence Minister A K Antony and officials of the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) were present on the occasion to offer their last respects to the distinguished strategic affairs analyst.
President also were the past Directors of the IDSA and senior Civil and Service officials, who were associated with him during his career as a strategic expert.
One of India’s well-known analysts on strategic affairs, K. Subrahmanyam passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on February 2. He was 82.
Subrahmanyam, one of the most respected voices in India on global security affairs, was suffering from lung and cardiac problems. He was also suffering from cancer.
At the time of his death, he was the Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Task Force on Global Strategic Developments. (ANI)
- Vice President Ansari condoles demise of K. Subrahmanyam - Feb 02, 2011
- Strategic guru and thinker K. Subrahmanyam is dead (Third Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- India's strategic affairs guru K. Subrahmanyam dead - Feb 02, 2011
- PM condoles demise of K. Subrahmanyam - Feb 02, 2011
- Subrahmanyam was key architect of India's security doctrine: Ansari - Feb 02, 2011
- Strategic guru K.Subrahmanyam is dead (Second Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- IDSA invites nomination for Subrahmanyam award - Oct 12, 2011
- Srinath Raghavan wins K. Subrahmanyam Award - Nov 11, 2011
- 'India's economic, strategic potential should be tapped by EU' - Aug 23, 2012
- Regular dialogue mechanism key to addressing security issues: Antony - Feb 13, 2012
- Committed to Africa's transformation: India - Nov 24, 2011
- Noted developmental economist Arjun Sengupta dead - Sep 27, 2010
- Antony re-elected IDSA president - Feb 25, 2012
- Ties with China of great importance to India: Antony - Nov 12, 2010
- K Subrahmanyam - Strategic Guru - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: affairs community, aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, antony, cardiac problems, civil servant, defence minister, defence studies, doyen, february 2, global security, guru, honours, india institute, last respects, lodhi road, New Delhi, prolific writer, security affairs, service officials