Steve Irwin’’s widow claims shes not looking for loveNovember 15th, 2008 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 15 (ANI): Two years after crocodile hunter Steve Irwins death, his widow Terri has said that shes not looking for love and wants to keep it that way.
The 44-year-old lost her husband on Sept 4, 2006, in a freak accident with a stingray barb flying into his heart as he filmed on Batt Reef off Port Douglas, north Queensland.
“Right after I lost Steve I didn”t care about anything. It was like ”I don”t care if I ever eat again. I don”t care if I ever sleep again,” Courier Mail quoted her as saying.
However, Terri said that there have been rumours linking her romantically to other men, “people who know me know that I”m not looking”.
“I still feel married to Steve,” she said.
She added: “I started getting those questions not long after I lost Steve but I”ve found that everybody’’s different and (believe) that you can love again and find happiness.
“Of course, if it had been the other way around and I had gone first I wouldn”t want Steve to be sad the rest of his life. I”d want him to be happy and fulfilled and loving and laughing and all of that.
“It’’s just that for me — I miss Steve. I don”t wish, you know, that I had companionship and I think it’’s different for me because I have the kids and so I get lots of hugs and ”I love you mumma” and tucking my kids in bed. It’’s not quiet in my house at night. I”m not lacking.” (ANI)
- Terri Irwin says she's not ready to find new love - May 30, 2010
- Singer Swift once dreamt of being financial advisor - Sep 05, 2011
- Shirish won't enjoy watching me with someone else: Farah - Jul 26, 2012
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Children brought happiness in Depp's life - May 09, 2012
- Johansson loves karaoke - Apr 29, 2012
- No regrets over X-factor: Nicole Scherzinger - Feb 10, 2012
- It took five years to get financing: Julianne Moore (Interview) - Oct 20, 2010
- Band Baaja Baaraat: Interview Of Anushka Sharma - Dec 09, 2010
- Longoria evolved with 'Desperate Housewives' character - May 09, 2012
- BMW-Sauber's Kobayashi eager to gorge on butter chicken - Oct 21, 2011
- Miley Cyrus awarded for being a positive inspiration to young people - Feb 22, 2011
- Soha takes piano classes, pleases mommy dearest - Apr 11, 2012
- Indian celebs tweet condolences for 'immortal' Jobs - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: batt reef, companionship, courier mail, crocodile, crocodile hunter steve, freak accident, happiness, heart, looking for love, melbourne, north queensland, queensland right, sleep, steve irwin, steve irwins, stingray barb