Steel Minister visits IITF 2009 pavilionNovember 18th, 2009 - 7:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov. 18 (ANI): Union Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh visited the steel pavilion at the IITF-2009 today.
Those who have put up stalls in the ‘Steel Pavilion’ include Public Sector Undertakings SAIL, RINL, NMDC, MOIL, MECON Ltd, KIOCL, HSCL, MSTC and FSNL as well major private secto steel producers like TATA Steel, ESSAR and Jindal Steel and Power Ltd, and organisations under the Ministry like Joint Plant Committee (JPC), UNDP/GEF Project (Steel) and Institute for Steel Development and Growth (INSDAG).
Speaking on the occasion, Singh explained how several initiatives have resulted in the harmonisation of policies in respect of production, pricing, distribution, import and export of iron and steel, ferro alloys and refractories.
He also elaborated on the steps being taken for promoting the inflow of speedy investments in the steel sector, fast-tracking clearances of projects and strengthening the delivery chain, particularly in rural areas.
The minister said that despite soaring input prices, fluctuating market and the world economy in a state of flux, the Indian steel sector has remained buoyant
The various timely measures taken by the Government has helped the steel industry bounce back from the shadow of economic slowdown, he added. (ANI)
- NMDC signs deal with MECON for Chhattisgarh project - Feb 24, 2011
- Manganese ore production to be increased - Mar 25, 2011
- Steel PSUs to establish 150 relief camps in flood hit districts of Bihar - Sep 01, 2008
- Tata Steel launches branded Silico Manganese - Aug 22, 2012
- Disinvestment in Manganese ORE establishment approved - Sep 09, 2010
- Carborundum Universal turns acquisitive in South Africa - Jun 19, 2012
- NMDC to open new iron ore mine in Chhattisgarh - Jul 29, 2011
- New steel minister to stop dumping of steel in India - Jun 03, 2009
- NMDC to set up India's largest blast furnace in Chhattisgarh - Jun 01, 2011
- Steel Minister asks RINL to explore possibility of cement plant in Visakhapatnam - Mar 23, 2011
- India to become second largest steel-producing nation by 2012: Virbhadra Singh - Jul 23, 2010
- West Bengal steel makers for ending power tariff hikes - Jul 23, 2010
- Rs.4.64 billion MSTC fraud-CBI nabs three - May 02, 2012
- Hong Kong based businessman cheated by two Delhi con men - Feb 03, 2012
- Rashtriya Ispat to invest Rs.42,000 crore in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: delivery chain, distribution import, economic slowdown, ferro alloys, gef project, indian steel, input prices, insdag, jindal steel and power, jindal steel and power ltd, mecon ltd, mstc, public sector undertakings, steel development, steel producers, steel sector, tata steel, timely measures, union steel, virbhadra singh