States Ministers to meet today to discuss women and child related issuesFebruary 28th, 2009 - 11:44 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 28 (ANI): The Ministry of Women and Child Development is organising a Conference of State Ministers in charge of women and child development here today.
The conference will be chaired by. Renuka Chowdhury, MOS (WCD).
The representatives of the National Commission for Women, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, the National Institute for Public Cooperation and Child Development, the Central Social Welfare Board and the Central Adoption Resource Agency and the Rashtriya Mahila Kosh will also attend the conference.
The conference will be inaugurated with the presentation of the National Aanganwadi Workers Awards to 74 Anganwadi workers from all the States for their exemplary contribution under the Integrated Child Development Services.
In addition to these National Awards, the Stree Shakti Puraskars to five selected awardees for the year 2007 will also be given to the individuals who have contributed for the cause of development, welfare and empowerment of women.
The conference will review the existing schemes and policies for women and children including strengthening of measures to protect children and women and other related issues.
The difficulties and problems in implementation of the schemes of Central Government will also be discussed.
The discussions will be held in three sessions on agenda items divided into child development and nutrition; trafficking, gender budgeting and women welfare, followed by child welfare. (ANI)
- States Ministers to meet to discuss women and child related issues - Feb 27, 2009
- Centre asks States to implement Womens Empowerment schemes effectively - Feb 28, 2009
- 'Decent' dress code puts Haryana staff in bind - May 09, 2012
- Saluting ordinary women doing extraordinary work on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- Women awarded for exemplary work for marginalised kids - Aug 19, 2011
- Government calls of early implementation of Women Empowerment Schemes - Oct 28, 2009
- National mission for empowerment of women to be launched soon: Tirath - Jan 18, 2010
- Childcare needs of urban poor ignored: Experts - Apr 24, 2012
- 'More funds needed for women, child development' - Feb 28, 2011
- Special cell to fight injustice to Dalit women - Dec 15, 2009
- Development answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia Gandhi (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Bihar to check corruption in anganwadi centres - Jun 14, 2011
- NGO worker, son-in-law arrested for assaulting protection home inmates (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Anganwadi workers exploited in various states: Minister - Aug 12, 2011
- Development is answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: adoption resource, central adoption resource agency, central government, child development services, child welfare, empowerment, exemplary contribution, gender budgeting, measures, ministry of women, national awards, New Delhi, public cooperation, renuka chowdhury, sessions, social welfare, state ministers, stree, trafficking, welfare board