States Ministers to meet to discuss women and child related issuesFebruary 27th, 2009 - 7:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 27 (ANI): Union Minister for Women and Child Development Renuka Chowdhury would organize a Conference of State Ministers in charge of women and child development on Saturday to discuss women and child related issues.
The representatives of the National Commission for Women (NCW), National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), National Institute for Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB) and Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA) and Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK) would also attend the conference.
The Conference will be inaugurated with a presentation of National Aanganwadi Workers Awards to 74 Anganwadi workers from all the States for their exemplary contribution under Integrated Child Development Services.
In addition to these National Awards, the Stree Shakti Puraskars to five selected awardees for the year 2007 will also be given to the individuals who have contributed for the cause of development, welfare and empowerment of women.
The conference will review the existing schemes and policies for women and children including strengthening of measures to protect children and women and other related issues.
The difficulties and problems in implementation of the schemes of Central Government will also be discussed.
The discussions will be held in three sessions on agenda items divided into child development and nutrition; trafficking, gender budgeting and women welfare, followed by child welfare. (ANI)
- States Ministers to meet today to discuss women and child related issues - Feb 28, 2009
- Centre asks States to implement Womens Empowerment schemes effectively - Feb 28, 2009
- Saluting ordinary women doing extraordinary work on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2011
- Childcare needs of urban poor ignored: Experts - Apr 24, 2012
- Government needs to watch every baby girl: NCPCR - Apr 09, 2012
- Special cell to fight injustice to Dalit women - Dec 15, 2009
- States demand more funds for Anganwadis - Jun 16, 2010
- 'Collective effort needed for eliminating child labour' - Jun 12, 2012
- Scheme to safeguard child rights in Maoist-affected states - Nov 29, 2010
- NGO worker, son-in-law arrested for assaulting protection home inmates (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Bihar to check corruption in anganwadi centres - Jun 14, 2011
- Nearly 120 rescued after raid on Haryana protection home - May 10, 2012
- Anganwadi workers exploited in various states: Minister - Aug 12, 2011
- Apex child rights panel to complete five years - Mar 03, 2012
- Government calls of early implementation of Women Empowerment Schemes - Oct 28, 2009
Tags: adoption resource, central adoption resource agency, central government, child development services, child welfare, empowerment, exemplary contribution, gender budgeting, mahila, national awards, New Delhi, public cooperation, rashtriya mahila kosh, renuka chowdhury, rmk, social welfare, state ministers, stree, union minister, welfare board