Star-cast of ‘Mohandas’ visits RajghatAugust 28th, 2009 - 7:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug. 28 (ANI): The star cast of the upcoming Bollywood film ‘Mohandas’ visited Rajghat, the memorial of Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi here on Friday.
The movie is the directorial debut of cinematographer Mazhar Kamran who has been part of the creative teams of famous Bollywood films such as ‘Satya’ and ‘Jhankar Beats’.
The film is about identity theft, and the simpler escapades of a man who shares the Mahatama’s name ‘Mohandas’, and has to deal with this unusual situation.
Bollywood actor Nakul Vaid plays the protagonist.
“The film is about theft of identity. There are many layers in the film…we talk about the system, about ideologies and many related issues, but the main story is on identity,” said Nakul.
Although the movie is not a biographical saga of Mahatma Gandhi, it only derives inspiration from his thoughts.
“It is not directly about Gandhi, but his ideologies and thinking reflect in the movie in various ways. Gandhi is not physically present in the movie, it is not biographical,” noted Kamran.
The film talks about various contemporary issues, existential and otherwise.
“It is about identity crisis, it is about the corruption, not in our country but generally amongst human beings, it is about identity crisis…it is about how confused we are to be ourselves,” opined actor Sonali Kulkarni, playing the role of a journalist, Meghna, in the film.
‘Mohandas’ also features talented actors like Sushant Singh, Sharbani Mukherjee, Sameer Dharmadhikari and Govind Namdeo
There have been both Hollywood and Bollywood movies made earlier, based either on the life of Mahatama Gandhi or inspired by his philosophy of Ahimsa and non-violence.
The most famous amongst these was Richard Attenborough’s ‘Gandhi’ and Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ and ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai’. (ANI)
- Movie Reiview: MOHANDAS (2009) - Sep 04, 2009
- My film 'Gandhi Ki Shaadi...' is modern love story: director - Jul 16, 2010
- 'Mohandas' - engaging thriller but lacks punch (IANS Film Review - Ratings: ***) - Sep 04, 2009
- 'Dharampatni' not about Gandhiji: Harshad Chopra - Aug 03, 2011
- Benegal, Madhuri bag Raj Kapoor awards - Apr 21, 2012
- 1,100 convicts write Gandhi exam in jails - Oct 02, 2011
- Film Synopsis: Mohandas - Aug 06, 2009
- India hails the 'century of Asia and Africa' - Sep 23, 2011
- Mahatma Gandhi inspired millions to unite for cause of freedom, independence: President Patil - Oct 01, 2010
- "One can't predict things" -Sushant Singh - Sep 01, 2009
- My name is being used for publicity: Anupam Kher - Jul 20, 2011
- A generation that wants to 'know the Mahatma' - Oct 02, 2011
- Sushant Singh ready to direct film next year - Jun 23, 2009
- Berlin cleared misconceptions about 'My Friend Hitler': Scriptwriter - Mar 05, 2011
- When Mahatma threatened to throw out wife - Sep 27, 2011
Tags: ahimsa, bollywood film, bollywood films, bollywood movies, creative teams, directorial debut, govind namdeo, kamran, mahatama gandhi, mazhar, meghna, munnabhai mbbs, nation mahatma gandhi, rajkumar hirani, richard attenborough, sameer dharmadhikari, sharbani mukherjee, sonali kulkarni, sushant singh, talented actors