St. Aloysius, Mangalore to start community radio stationFebruary 9th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 9 (ANI): The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India has signed a Grant of Permission Agreement for establishing, maintaining and operating a community radio station at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore.
The community radio station is expected to be operational within three months as per the agreement.
St. Aloysius College’’s community radio station will be the 42nd station in the country.
St. Aloysius College, Mangalore is a 129-year old educational institution.
The College has now taken the initiative to set up the community radio station with the intention of reaching out to its adjoining population to make development a participatory process.
The population residing around the college includes approximately 34.1 per cent rural listeners.
More than 54 per cent women will get a chance to listen to the station. (ANI)
- Facebook page to connect community radio stations and ministry - Jul 12, 2012
- T. Pudupatty in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Jun 05, 2009
- Good morning! Community radio going big in India - Dec 15, 2010
- Qualcomm launches 3G radiophone project for children in India - Aug 31, 2011
- Community Radio Station to start at Mumbai - Oct 05, 2009
- US preacher says world will end around 6pm on May 21, 2011 - Mar 27, 2011
- Ambika Soni to inaugurate 'National Community Radio Sammelan' - Apr 06, 2011
- Frequencies that touch lives: India's growing community radio stations (Feature) - Jul 31, 2012
- Namakkal in Tamil Nadu to have Community Radio Station - Sep 17, 2009
- Cabinet approves expansion of private radio service - Jul 07, 2011
- Govt. to consider setting up of 'Community Radio Fund': Ambika Soni - Apr 07, 2011
- Community Radio Station to start in Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh - Feb 26, 2009
- Community Radio Station to come up in Sirsa''s Chaudhary Devilal University - Mar 02, 2009
- Gurgaon to have Community Radio Station - Sep 30, 2009
- Radio show for Gurgaon school kids - Sep 27, 2011
Tags: community radio station, educational institution, government of india, initiative, intention, listeners, ministry of information, New Delhi, permission agreement, population, st aloysius college, three months