Srinagar gunbattle ends, both militants killedNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
On Thursday, a militant was killed at the hotel’s main entrance. The other managed to sneak into the camp.
In the ensuing gunbattle, three CRPF men, including two constables and a sweeper, were injured.
According to the Jammu and Kashmir Police, the operation is over. However, the CRPF is still combing the area.
The attack came at the time when Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad was hosting an Iftaar party at the nearby Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC).
The attack comes a year after the LeT carried out its last suicide attack. (ANI)
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Wanted LeT militant killed in J-K encounter - Mar 28, 2011
- One militant killed in encounter in Kishtwar - Nov 20, 2010
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir's Doda district - Jun 05, 2009
- Fidayeen attack foiled in Srinagar - Oct 09, 2009
- Police to help rehabilitation of released Kashmir militants - Feb 26, 2012
- ISI has floated new terror outfit, says militant - Aug 30, 2010
- Lashker militant killed in Poonch encounter - Sep 05, 2010
- Trooper shot, injured by militants in Kashmir - Oct 14, 2011
- Lashkar militants gun down two sisters in Sopore - Feb 01, 2011
- 1 militant killed in a suicide attack on CRPF camp in Srinagar - Nov 14, 2007
- LeT raises new all-women terror outfit for Kashmir - Jan 03, 2012
- Guerrillas attack paramilitary camp in Sopore - Sep 14, 2011
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010