Srinagar gold burglary solved in a day, loot recoveredApril 23rd, 2012 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 23 (IANS) Police said Monday they had solved the burglary of gold items over Rs.3 lakh here within 24 hours, arresting the three robbers and recovering the stolen items.
“After the FIR was lodged in the burglary of gold items worth Rs.332,000, police station Rainawari in the city swung into swift action,” Srinagar’s Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ashiq Bukhari told a media conference here.
“The interrogation of the suspects showed the burglars had made good their escape from the scene of crime along with the stolen goods to Jammu.
“A team of police was sent immediately to Jammu where they arrested the three burglars who had concealed the stolen gold items in the door of the vehicle which had been used in the commission of the crime,” he added.
“One of the arrested persons has turned out to be a relative of the family who knew where the gold items had been kept by the family. The case was solved within 24 hours,” added Bukhari.
The SSP also said that a March case of burglary in M.R. Gunj area of the old city, where gold items worth Rs.1 lakh were stolen, has been solved.
“The stolen gold items have been recovered and the burglars are behind the bars,” he said.
In another case, police arrested a man who had exchanged the ATM card of a woman while helping her to withdraw her money.
“We have recovered Rs.85,000 from his possession which he had withdrawn from the ATM fraudulently. A laptop has also been recovered from his possession,” the Srinagar police chief said.
- Car thieves held in Srinagar - Dec 01, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted in Delhi - Jun 13, 2010
- 4 youngsters arrested for motor bike theft - Mar 05, 2011
- Delhi burglars arrested, goods recovered - Jun 14, 2010
- 3 held for burglaries, Rs.15 lakh worth jewellery recovered - Apr 12, 2011
- Jewellery shop burgled in Tamil Nadu town - Feb 22, 2012
- Hawala money seized in Srinagar, three arrested - Jan 23, 2011
- Israeli woman robbed, three held - May 07, 2011
- Normalcy slowly returning to Srinagar - Jun 27, 2012
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Gold burglar targeting South Asians gets 46 months - Jan 29, 2011
- Burglars loot 20 kg gold from jewellery shop - Jun 23, 2011
- Five held for burglary in Delhi - Nov 16, 2009