Srijan announces partnership with India Development GatewayJune 26th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 26 (ANI/Business Wire India): India’s only microfinance business plan competition-Srijan 2008 (www.srijan2008.com) announced a strategic tie-up with India Development Gateway (IDG) (www.IndiaDevelopmentGateway.com), a joint initiative of Intellecap and Development Gateway Foundation that enhances the chances of the plans to materialize as successful businesses, after the competition.
Srijan, an annual Microfinance showcase event ushers in new ideas for greater financial inclusion. Srijan believes the partnership with IDG would help address the trust and information asymmetry issues for start-ups and attract new sources of capital in the industry.
Srijan’s award ceremony this year will feature presentation of top ten entrepreneurs who will battle it out at the Finals on July 3 to win the coveted ‘Srijan 2008: Best Business Idea Award’. Srijan’s ten finalists will be provided with a dynamic online pitch page and will be included in both Srijan and IDG’s future publicity efforts.
Participants can also create investor-facing accounts on IDG where they can access advanced business planning tools, investment advisory services and a growing network of investors.
India Development Gateway (IDG) aims to collapse transaction costs for the enterprise segment requiring investments under USD three million (INR 10 lakhs to INR 10 crores) by improving entrepreneurs’ interaction with an emerging investor class.
Through its MSME online capital marketplace, IDG will provide contestants with a targeted collection of resources, continued access to mentors and experts, and membership on IDG to raise capital.
The video clips of Srijan 2008 Panel Discussions and Award Ceremony will also be available on www.IndiaDevelopmentGateway.com for those who are unable to attend. This partnership will continue adding valuable new and related content including interviews with leaders in the field, notable investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
Srijan 2008 is organized by Intellecap and Aavishkaar Goodwell, in partnership with The Financial Express. The initiative is supported by FMO Netherlands (Lead Sponsor) National Agricultural Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and Fullerton India (Associate Sponsors), Standard Chartered Bank (Prize Sponsor) and International Finance Corporation (Panel Discussion Sponsor).
‘Online media partner’ VCCircle.com, ‘Outreach Partners’ Solution Exchange and ‘Print Media Partners’ The Financial Express and Microfinance Insights are also supporting the initiative. (ANI)
- Indian Americans in Forbes Midas List - May 04, 2012
- Karnataka minister bats for micro-finance loans - Jun 17, 2011
- Search engine `Simply Hired' launches first personalized job search experience - Jun 03, 2010
- Israel to host industry meet to woo Indian investments - Jan 16, 2011
- US seeks greater state and city engagement with India - Jun 22, 2012
- Chinese women entrepreneurs find India attractive - Jun 24, 2012
- Moser Baer's energy business attracts investment of Rs.13.5 billion from Blackstone - Aug 18, 2010
- Togo seeks Indian investment in infrastructure, industry - Apr 14, 2011
- Junior World Entrepreneurship Forum highlights opportunities for success in business - Sep 08, 2010
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- iStream.com to bring Euro 2012 live on the internet in India - Jun 08, 2012
- Web site to connect Indian entrepreneurs, investors from June 16 - Jun 14, 2010
- Public Diplomacy Division bags prestigious e-governance award - Oct 28, 2010
- 7Seas Entertainment bags FICCI-BAF 2011 award - Mar 26, 2011
- Government's Public Diplomacy Division gets prestigious e-governance award for 2010 - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: award ceremony, business idea, business plan competition, capital marketplace, crores, development gateway, enterprise segment, gateway foundation, india development, india india, information asymmetry, investment advisory services, investor class, lakhs, panel discussions, planning tools, publicity efforts, showcase event, start ups, transaction costs