Sri Ram Sene not to support BJP in general electionsApril 4th, 2009 - 10:13 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Apr 4 (ANI): Sri Ram Sene founder Pramod Muthalik on Saturday ruled out supporting the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the upcoming general elections, saying the saffron party was using Hindutva only to come to power.
“BJP is using Hindutva only to come to power,” Muthalik told reporters on the sidelines of an interaction organised by ‘Hindu Makkal Katchi’ here.
When asked about attacking women at a Mangalore pub, Muthalik said: “Our intentions were good and was for a cause, but the method adopted was wrong”.
The Sene chief also warned that he would target the liquor manufacturing units in future.
The Sene activists had stormed a pub in Mangalore in January and attacked women in an act of ‘moral policing’ against pub culture, triggering nationwide condemnation. (ANI)
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Muthaliks Sri Rama Sene to support Varun Gandhi - Mar 24, 2009
- What has happened to my beloved Mangalore? (Comment) - May 26, 2010
- Sri Ram Sene will not find any takers in Goa: Naik - Mar 17, 2009
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
- Yeddyurappa warns against moral policing on V-Day - Feb 02, 2010
- Sex, lies and videotape hit BJP (Comment) - Feb 11, 2012
- Protests against moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 29, 2012