Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from MangaloreMarch 16th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 16 (ANI): A Mangalore court on Monday banned Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik from entering Dakshin Kannada District for one year.
Mangalore is the headquarter of Dakshin Kannada District.
Muthaliks Ram Sene was involved in an attack in a Mangalore pub in January this year.
The enraged activists of Sri Rama Sene had barged into the lounge bar Amnesia, abused the owner and customers and beat up women, even as they tried to run to safety. Muthalik, who was arrested, but was later released on bail.
The police have charged the arrested persons of Sri Ram Sene for acts of criminal assault, intimidation, outrage of modesty of women and criminal trespass. (ANI)
- Pramod Muthalik justifies pub action, says will carry on protest peacefully - Feb 05, 2009
- Mangalore hooligans get bail, their leader promises to behave (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Mangalore pub attack: Muthalik, 27 supporters get bail - Jan 31, 2009
- Muthalik's entry in Karnataka district banned - Mar 16, 2009
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Mysore Police takes Sri Ram Sene chief into custody - Apr 06, 2009
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Mumbai ATS to probe Sri Rama Sene-Purohit links - Jan 29, 2009
- Mangalore pub's licence should be cancelled: NCW - Jan 31, 2009
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Rajnath Singh condemns Mangalore incident, defends state government - Jan 27, 2009
- Seven more held for assaulting women in Mangalore, hunt on for leaders - Jan 26, 2009