Sri Ram Sene a threat to the country: ChidambaramFebruary 9th, 2009 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
Kollam, Feb 9 (ANI): Terming the Sri Ram Sene a threat to the country, Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram warned the Karnataka Government to take a strict action against the party for the recent Mangalore pub attack.
Chidambaram said the Centre is keeping a check on the activities of the Sri Ram Sene.
“No organisation can become a self-styled police force. That cannot be allowed. Sene had already crossed limits. They cannot say what one should wear, one should eat or to where one should go,” Chidambaram said on the sidelines of an event in Kollam, Kerala.
Chidambaram said he expected Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddiyurappa to punish activists of the outfit. (ANI)
- Protests against moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 29, 2012
- Prashant Bhushan attacked, one held - Oct 12, 2011
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Prashant Bhsuhan bashed up, one attacker held (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2011
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Pub culture won't be allowed in Karnataka, says Yeddyurappa - Jan 29, 2009
- NCW condemns Mangalore pub violation - Jan 27, 2009
- Renuka Chowdhary to seek poll panel action against Sri Ram Sene - Jan 30, 2009
- Bhushan calls for ban on Sene - Oct 12, 2011
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Ensure safety of women in Karnataka: CPI-M to centre - Feb 08, 2009
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Karnataka BJP leaders toe Yeddyurappa's line on 'pub culture' - Jan 30, 2009
- Muthalik's Sri Ram Sene banned in South Goa - Apr 04, 2009