Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in TorontoOctober 14th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Oct 14 (ANI): The Sri Lankan team has been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its five-wicket victory over Pakistan in the final of the Twenty20 International tournament in Toronto.
Jeff Crowe of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Mahela Jayawardenas side was ruled to be two overs short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Jayawardena has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee while his players have each received 10 per cent fines. (ANI)
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Champions Trophy semi-final - Oct 04, 2009
- England fined for slow over-rate in Lord's Test - Jul 22, 2009
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Mohali ODI - Nov 03, 2009
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Barbados - May 11, 2010
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- Champions Trophy: Australia fined for slow over rate - Oct 04, 2009
- England fined for slow over-rate in Johannesburg Test - Jan 18, 2010
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- India fined for maintaining slow over-rate - Apr 03, 2011
- Pollard, Proteas fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - May 22, 2010