SPO shot at in Kashmir’s SoporeAugust 24th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 24 (IANS) A special police officer (SPO) was shot and critically injured by separatist guerrillas in north Kashmir’s Sopore town Wednesday, police said.
“Some unidentified militants fired upon SPO Javaid Ahmed Lone of Logripora Bomie (Sopore) at his home,” a police official here said.
“The SPO was severely injured in the shooting and was shifted to sub-district hospital at Sopore, from where he was shifted to Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura (SKIMS) in Srinagar for specialized treatment,” the police official said.
Doctors at the SKIMS said Lone had suffered critical bullet injuries.
The sensitive Sopore town has been witnessing an uneasy calm since July 31 when a local youth died in police custody.
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- National Conference worker shot at in Srinagar - Sep 15, 2011
- Former militant, bystander shot at in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2012
- Four killed, 47 injured in Kashmir Friday - Aug 13, 2010
- Guerrillas open fire in cop's home in Kashmir - Jul 19, 2011
- Over two dozen injured in Kashmir clashes - Aug 19, 2010
- Youth succumbs to injuries in Srinagar - Aug 07, 2010
- Another teen dies in Kashmir, 20 hurt in clashes (Roundup) - Aug 25, 2010
- Toll in Kashmir violence rises to four - Jul 31, 2010
- One more dies in Kashmir, unrest toll 63 - Aug 23, 2010
- Two killed, over 50 injured in violence across Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Violence continues in curfew-bound Kashmir, toll four (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Two killed, 23 wounded as CRPF fires at mobs in Kashmir - Jul 30, 2010
- Soldier injured in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012