Spice Girl reunion tour was therapeutic: Mel CAugust 5th, 2008 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 5 (ANI): Spice Girls star Melanie Chisholm has revealed that being a part of the all-girl bands recent reunion tour was a therapeutic experience for her.
The singer admitted that the band’’s recent comeback tour helped her deal with her troubled past.
Mel C, as shes popularly known, admitted that she was reluctant to sign up to the reunion because she feared it would bring back unpleasant memories of her time in the band - including her struggle with deadly eating disorder anorexia.
However, Chisholm insisted that shes glad she took the plunge as it laid to rest all her negative feelings about being in the band.
“At first I was frightened of being overwhelmed by all those old feelings. There was a big part of me that didn”t want to be reminded of who I was back then. But then I started to feel that maybe this was something I had to do, Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
“When it was over, I was finally proud to be a Spice Girl. All those frightened, negative, mixed feelings had disappeared, she added. (ANI)
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Spice Girls To Perform In 2012 Olympic Games - Oct 19, 2010
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Daughter made me brave: Mel C - Sep 12, 2012
- Mel C not ready for more kids - Sep 02, 2011
- Mel C defends 'moody' Victoria - Jul 01, 2012
- Mel C upset with Olympic play list - Jun 21, 2012
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls tour helped Mel C to deal with troubled past - Aug 05, 2008
Tags: anorexia, comeback tour, eating disorder, girl bands, mel c, melanie chisholm, mixed feelings, negative feelings, old feelings, plunge, spice girl reunion, spice girl reunion tour, spice girls, struggle, therapeutic experience, unpleasant memories