Speculations rife over new Governors’ namesJanuary 16th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 15 (ANI): Speculations are rife in the political circles of New Delhi about reshuffling and appointments of Governors for seven States.
There are talks that the United Progressive Alliance government has sent a proposal to the Rashtrapati Bhavan for the new appointments of the Governors of four states-Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Maharshtra, Punjab and reshuffling of Governors in various States.
Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra.
According to reports, the National Security Advisor (NSA) M K Narayanan is likely to be the Governor of West Bengal.
Chhattisgarh Governor E S L Narasimhan is expected to take full responsibility of Andhra Pradesh, which he was handling as additional charge since the resignation of N D Tiwari from the post.
Narasimhan a former Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief is expected to play a major role in deciding the future of Telangana in his new role.
Former Defence Secretary Shekhar Dutt is likely to replace Narasimhan as the Chattisgarh Governor.
Former Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil is likely to be the next Punjab Governor.
Jharkhand Governor K Shankarnarayan is expected to be transferred to Maharashtra, and he would be replaced by former Union Minister Mohisina Kidwai.
Urmila Ben wife of former Gujarat Chief Minster Chimanbhai Patel is likely to take over as the Himachal Pradesh Governor as the present state Governor Prabha Rau is expected to be the Rajasthan Governor.
Dutt and Narayanan are expected to play a major role in anti Maoists operations as both West Bengal and Chhattisgarh are facing severe threat from Red ultras.
Meanwhile, it was reported that former foreign secretaries, Shyam Saran, Shiv Shankar Menon and former Indian Ambassador to the US Ronen Sen’s names are doing rounds for the post of the National Security Advisor. (ANI)
- Governors names finalised, Narayanan for West Bengal - Jan 16, 2010
- New Governors announced, Narayanan for West Bengal (Lead) - Jan 17, 2010
- Four new governors take office (Roundup) - Jan 22, 2010
- Narasimhan, Sankaranarayanan reappointed Andhra, Maharashtra governors - Apr 28, 2012
- Congress core committee discusses new governors, Telangana - Jan 15, 2010
- Shiv Shankar Menon next NSA? - Jan 15, 2010
- Narasimhan begins second term as Andhra Pradesh governor - May 03, 2012
- Shekhar Dutt sworn in as Chhattisgarh governor - Jan 23, 2010
- Rajasthan, Andhra win twice in junior basketball - May 24, 2012
- Here are some facts on the river Ganga - Mar 25, 2012
- Maharashtra dominate opening day of National sub-junior basketball - May 08, 2012
- No successor yet, Narasimhan does R-Day honours - Jan 26, 2012
- 30,000 rural youths to be trained as security guards - Jan 27, 2011
- NSA M.K.Narayanan likely to be West Bengal Governor - Jan 15, 2010
- Indian states and their ruling parties - May 13, 2011
Tags: alliance government, chimanbhai patel, former intelligence, governor of west bengal, indian ambassador, intelligence bureau, kidwai, maharshtra, narasimhan, narayanan, national security advisor, political circles, prabha, progressive alliance, rashtrapati bhavan, red ultras, ronen sen, shiv shankar menon, telangana, union home minister