Special police officer killed in KashmirMay 31st, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 31 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas shot dead a Special Police Officer (SPO) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Sopore town Sunday, and a politician who witnessed the crime suffered a heart attack and died, police said.
A police officer said gunmen fired at the victim near the main bus stand in Sopore, 54 km from here. Fayaz Ahmad died instantly.
A Lok Janshakti Party leader, Feroze Ahmad, who witnessed the firing, suffered a massive heart attack and died. Ahmad lost the assembly election in the state last year.
Sunday’s strike comes after guerrillas fired two rifle grenades at a security force camp late Saturday. The grenades exploded without causing any damage.
- Special police officer killed in Kashmir (Lead) - May 31, 2009
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- Militants fire grenades at Kashmir security camp - Feb 17, 2011
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Militants kill cop in Kashmir - Jun 08, 2011
- Nine injured in Sopore militant attacks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Grenade explosion in Srinagar - Feb 16, 2012
- Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosion - Jul 06, 2011
- Kashmir police convoy attacked, five injured (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Grenade attack on CRPF office in Srinagar - Aug 13, 2011
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Cop killed, 8 injured in Sopore militant attacks (Night Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Nine injured in Kashmir attacks (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: ahmad, assembly election, fayaz, feroze, gunmen, heart attack, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lok, massive heart attack, party leader, politician, rifle grenades, security force, separatist guerrillas, special police officer, spo, srinagar