Special package for Orissa, Jharkhand; if requestedFebruary 26th, 2009 - 7:20 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 26 (ANI): Union Minister of State for Planning and Parliamentary Affairs V. Narayanasamy on Thursday said that despite implementing key components of Central Government’s Bharat Nirman Yojana in Jharkhand and Orissa, if the two State governments requested, a special package could be considered.
He also said that special schemes like the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme and NREGA are being implemented in both Jharkhand and Orissa.
“Though as of now no proposal seeking special package has come from Jharkhand and Orissa, if any such request comes from these states, then it will be considered,” Narayanasamy said while replying to supplementaries in the Rajya Sabha.
All programmes address the issue of poverty in rural areas and regional disparities through improvement in infrastructure and connectivity, he said. (ANI)
- Govt. grants aid for construction of rural roads in Manipur - Feb 07, 2011
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- 'More autonomy for states to implement rural schemes' - Apr 08, 2012
- Rural ministry working on village roads scheme, says Ramesh - May 19, 2012
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh - Feb 12, 2012
- Collectors in Maoist areas want to push rural roads project: Ramesh (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Food security bill near ready, hike in social sector spending - Feb 28, 2011
- Ramesh wants Assam rural jobs scheme audited - Oct 28, 2011
- Budget helps Indian economy to return to path of growth says Chidambaram - Jul 06, 2009
- Madhya Paradesh claims 12 percent fall in poverty - Mar 21, 2012
- Over 400 centrally-funded roads found defective in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2011
- Ramesh seeks PM's help to boost roads in Maoist-hit areas - Sep 14, 2011
- Chhattisgarh probes engineer's donation to Maoists - Feb 21, 2011
- For every 40 rural households, a welfare scheme volunteer - May 23, 2011
Tags: awas, bharat nirman, central government, indira, infrastructure, irrigation, jharkhand, minister of state, New Delhi, nrega, orissa, parliamentary affairs, poverty, proposal, rajya sabha, regional disparities, rural areas, state governments, union minister, yojana