Space shuttle Endeavour to return on November 30November 29th, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 30 (ANI): The space shuttle Endeavour will complete its mission to the International Space Station (ISS) with a landing at NASAs Kennedy Space Center in Florida on November 30.
This will conclude a 16-day flight, 11 of which were spent docked to the station.
The STS-126 mission began November 14 and prepared the space station to house six crew members for long-duration missions.
The new station cargo includes a water recovery system, additional sleeping quarters, a second toilet and a resistance exercise device.
During four spacewalks, the crew serviced the stations two Solar Alpha Rotary Joints, which allow its solar arrays to track the sun, and installed new equipment in support of future assembly missions.
The flight also delivered station resident Sandra Magnus to the outpost.
Astronaut Greg Chamitoff will return to Earth aboard Endeavour after spending more than five months aboard the ISS.
The entry flight control team in Mission Control, Houston, will evaluate weather conditions at Kennedy before permitting Endeavour to return to Earth.
The secondary landing site at Edwards Air Force Base, California, will be activated on November 30 for consideration as well.
After touchdown in Florida, the astronauts will undergo physical examinations and meet with their families. (ANI)
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour ends final mission - Jun 01, 2011
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour prepares to leave space station, return to Earth - May 29, 2011
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour docks with International Space Station - May 19, 2011
- Atlantis' landing ends final mission after 30 years of space shuttle era - Jul 21, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour returns to Earth after final mission - Jun 01, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour returns home after successful mission - Dec 01, 2008
- Atlantis docks for last time with International Space Station - Jul 11, 2011
- Shuttle Discovery heads to International Space Station on its final mission - Feb 25, 2011
- Weather 70 percent 'go' for space shuttle Endeavour launch - Apr 29, 2011
- NASA sets space shuttle Endeavour's final launch for April 29 - Apr 20, 2011
- Space shuttle Discovery set to return to Earth for final time - Mar 08, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour headed home (Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- Space shuttle Atlantis makes final landing - Jul 21, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour prepares to head home - Jul 29, 2009
- NASA final shuttle launch scheduled for July 8 - May 21, 2011
Tags: control houston, crew members, day flight, duration missions, edwards air force, edwards air force base, edwards air force base california, exercise device, flight 11, flight control team, international space station, kennedy space center, physical examinations, resistance exercise, rotary joints, solar arrays, space shuttle endeavour, space station iss, water recovery system, weather conditions