Sonia to dedicate country’’s longest Mundra-Delhi oil pipeline to nation todayFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 11:44 am ICT by ANI
Jaipur, Feb 3 (ANI): Congress President Sonia Gandhi will dedicate the 1,054-km Mundra-Delhi oil pipeline to the nation at Bagru town near Jaipur today.
It is project of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) and was built in just 36 months at a cost of 1,757 crore rupees. It is the country’’s longest oil pipeline. The pipeline passes through eleven districts spread over Gujarat, Rajasthan and Haryana.
The project will have tap-off points at Palanpur, Ajmer, Jaipur, Rewari and Delhi (Bahadurgarh).
The 316-km Mundra-Palanpur section of the pipeline will have a capacity of transporting 5.8 million tons of liquid products like petrol, diesel, kerosene and jet fuel per annum.
The 336-km Palanpur-Ajmer section will have 5.7 million tons per annum (mmtpa) capacity, 120-km Ajmer-Jaipur sector will have a capacity of 5.2 mmtpa, 171-km Jaipur-Rewari will have 4.6 mmtpa capacity and 65-km Rewari-Delhi section will have 4.2 mmtpa capacity.
The pipeline will save transportation cost as compared to other modes. (ANI)
- Congress upholds cause of weaker sections: Gandhi (Lead) - Feb 03, 2009
- Court approves demerger of Essar Shipping, Ports and Logistics - Mar 03, 2011
- Court notice for failure to replace cut trees in Kutch - Sep 29, 2010
- Bathinda refinery to be inaugurated in April - Mar 29, 2012
- Punjab rejects change in refinery's name - Jul 04, 2010
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Haryana wants central funding for NCR area - Dec 27, 2011
- Oil spill feared off Kutch coast - Jun 21, 2011
- China, Russia oil pipeline operation significant to global energy market: Expert - Jan 01, 2011
- Assam refinery to explore potential markets in neighbouring countries - Sep 08, 2012
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- IOC's Chennai-Bangalore petro products pipeline unveiled - Jul 02, 2010
- OMCs to invest Rs.1,500 crore for LPG supply in Karnataka - Jul 02, 2010
- Kerala firms Rs.20,000-crore refinery expansion project - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: ajmer, congress president sonia gandhi, crore rupees, gujarat, hindustan petroleum, hindustan petroleum corporation, hindustan petroleum corporation ltd, hpcl, jet fuel, kerosene, liquid products, modes, mundra, oil pipeline, rajasthan, rewari