Sonia targets NDA for promoting communal elementsMarch 23rd, 2009 - 8:07 pm ICT by ANI
Davangere (Karnataka), Mar 23 (ANI): United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Monday targeted the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) for promoting communal elements and shaking the foundations of Indian democracy.
Gandhi, who was in Karnatakas Davangere District to participate in the Bharat Nirman rally, urged people to led country on the path of development and growth.
You have to decide what politics you want? On the one hand you have the Congress, which has led country on the path of development and growth. On the other hand, you have the BJP under whom every one suffered during the NDA regime, she said.
She also sarcastically remarked that in the Third Front there were as many prime ministerial candidates as there were parties.
There is another front coming up in these elections. Who knows till how long will that last because there are as many Prime Minister candidates as parties? A nation cannot function like this. It cannot progress like this, she added.
She was accompanied by the All India Congress Committee (AICC) General Secretary in-charge of party affairs in Karnataka Gulam Nabi Azad.
Over three lakh people were present at the rally at Bapuji MBA College Grounds.
A large number of Congress leaders including MPs, Legislators, former MPs, former Legislators, probable candidates including former Minister H. Viswanath, probable candidate from Mysore, also attended the rally under tight security. (ANI)
- Sonia targets BJP while launching Congress campaign (Lead) - Mar 23, 2009
- Left-ruled Kerala govt. does not view growth as an important factor: Rahul Gandhi - Apr 09, 2011
- Pranab is India's next president, Sangma bruised (Intro Roundup) - Jul 22, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Pranab heads for Rashtrapati Bhavan, Sangma bruised (Roundup) - Jul 22, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- Presidential poll: Sangma hopeful of win, Trinamool support - Jul 15, 2012
- India to elect new president Thursday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Presidential poll: No name finalised, says Congress - Jun 09, 2012
- Would like to see Pranab challenged: Subramanian Swamy - Jun 16, 2012
- Sonia's lunch presents picture of UPA unity (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- TDP to abstain in presidential election - Jul 18, 2012
- India to elect new president Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- Sonia to launch Congress campaign from Karnataka Monday - Mar 23, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi should be leader of Lok Sabha, says Congress MP - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: aicc, azad, bharat nirman, bjp, congress leaders, general secretary, india congress committee, indian democracy, karnataka, lakh, ministerial candidates, mysore, national democratic alliance, party affairs, progressive alliance, shaking the foundations, sonia gandhi, tight security, UPA, viswanath