Sonia launches developmental projects in Rae BareliNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 am ICT by admin
“Availability of electricity will have a positive effect on the people of the area. Power is one of the fundamental needs of the people today, thus we should not waste it as it is scarce,” she said after inaugurating the power station.
Sonia, who was accompanied by Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, said that the UPA government is targeting to electrify all homes by 2012.
“Under the Rajiv Gandhi Electrification Scheme we are targeting 1737 villages and more than two lakhs homes are being electrified, out of which 1.75 lakh homes will get free connections till 2008,” she added.
She took stock of the National Dairy Development Board’s unit in Bachrawan, Kundanganj, Harchnadpur and Dusauti.
She also visited the Hariyali Kishan Bazar in Didauli and inaugurated a computer laboratory at the Firoze Gandhi Engineering College. (ANI)
- Sonia Gandhi's three-day Rae Bareli visit concludes - Nov 14, 2007
- Sonia Gandhi inaugurates tourism guest house, more roads in Rae Bareli - Nov 14, 2007
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia announces several schemes for Rae Bareli - Jul 27, 2012
- Sonia in Rae Bareli, raps officials on development work - Mar 31, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi begins two-day Rae Bareli visit - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi hears public grievances in Rae Bareli - Feb 05, 2011
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Samajwadi Party not to fight in Rae Bareli in 2014 - Sep 13, 2012
- UP to get 148 model schools: Sonia Gandhi - Jul 26, 2012
- Sonia inaugurates Rajiv Gandhi hostel building in Rae Bareli - Aug 11, 2009
- Rahul not working for his reputation in UP: Priyanka - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: computer laboratory, dairy development, developmental projects, electrification, electrify, free connections, lakhs, mantri, national dairy development board, power minister, rae bareli, rajiv gandhi, road construction projects, sonia, sushil kumar shinde, UPA, yojana