Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate 220-KVA sub-station in Rae BareliNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:18 am ICT by admin
It will be the first 220 KV sub-station in Rae Bareli and will directly connect Rae Bareli to the Unchahar Thermal Power Staion (1050MW) of NTPC.
Besides, it will directly connect to national grid at Lucknow. This sub-station and transmission line will ensure additional power with reliability, quality and stability.
Rae Bareli at present gets 24-hour power supply, but the same is distributed to the constituency from the 220-KVA sub-station in neighboring Sultanpur district, which often causes distribution problem.
Electricity to the sub-station will be transmitted from the Unchahar Thermal Power Station through new transmission line which was laid recently from Unchahar to the power station at a cost of around Rs. 70 crore.
During her three-day visit, she is also scheduled to inaugurate several developmental projects besides interacting with Congress workers and common people.
Some of the developmental projects include the new building and the computer lab at Feroz Gandhi Engineering College, 18 roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna at Gaura Ubani, and a girls’ hostel.
Before returning to Delhi, UPA Chairperson will also meet Congress workers and the people of her constituency. (ANI)
- Dikshit wants inverter-free Delhi - Sep 29, 2010
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- Dikshit wants inverter free Delhi (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Kolkata hit by power cuts - Aug 02, 2011
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.1,076 crore in Q1 of 2012-13 - Jun 15, 2012
- Kashmir plunged into darkness; web, mobile links snapped - Jan 07, 2012
- Woman gangraped in power firm's housing colony, four held - Jul 04, 2011
- Power cuts in some Delhi areas Tuesday - Oct 03, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,210 crore Qatar project - Jul 20, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi begins two-day Rae Bareli visit - Feb 04, 2011
- Power-starved Gurgaon residents wait for a miracle - Feb 26, 2010
- Dikshit to Delhi citizens: Treat XIXth Commonwealth Games as a national festival - Sep 18, 2010
- Now, electricity sub-stations that work through remote! - Nov 23, 2010
- Power will return by 7-7:30 p.m.: Power Grid - Jul 31, 2012
- Metro to construct nine power receiving sub-stations - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: congress workers, constituency, developmental projects, distribution problem, gaura, kva, mantri, national grid, ntpc, power minister, rae bareli, sonia gandhi, sushil kumar shinde, thermal power station, transmission line, UPA