Sonia Gandhi to hold a road show in NagpurApril 6th, 2009 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
Nagpur, Apr. 6 (ANI): Congress President Sonia Gandhi has decided to forgo a campaign rally and hold a road show in Nagpur.
Vilas Muttemwar, the Union Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy, who is seeking his fourth term from Nagpur, revealed this change of plan.
On April 10, Gandhi will be on a brief tour to Vidarbha region and launch a campaign for Congress and NCP candidates.
The first candidate happens to be Union Civil Aviation Minister and senior NCP leader Praful Patel, who represents the Bhandara-Gondia constituency.
She will then proceed towards Chandrapur to address public meeting. Senior Congress leader Naresh Pugalia is contesting from Chandrapur seat.
Later, she will head for the Yavatmal-Washim Constituency to garner support for Harisingh Rathod, a recent entrant to the Congress.
Her third stop would be a rally in Vidarbha for All India Congress Committee (AICC) General Secretary Mukul Wasnik, who is nominated from Ramtek reserved constituency (SC) at Kamptee.
Gandhi will end her visit with a road show in Nagpur. (ANI)
- Sonia, Pawar to address joint rally in Maharashtra today - Apr 10, 2009
- In Maharashtra, 246 candidates in contest Thursday - Apr 14, 2009
- Peaceful start to polling in Maharashtra - Apr 16, 2009
- Maharashtra recording low voter turnout, polling peaceful (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Vidarbha shutdown called Jan 20, united front formed - Jan 07, 2010
- Maharashtra records 54 percent voter turnout (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Congress-NCP bond intact as of now - Apr 10, 2009
- 3 more farmers commit suicide in Vidarbha - May 22, 2012
- Farmers' widows hold silent protest at Rahul rally - Oct 09, 2009
- Kalavati travels in ambulance to file poll nomination papers (Lead) - Sep 25, 2009
- Kalavati falls ill, may not contest Maharashtra polls after all - Sep 25, 2009
- Few surprises, five new faces in Congress' first Maharashtra list - Mar 24, 2009
- Kalavati out of polls, her party cites 'pressure' - Sep 29, 2009
- BJP-Shiv Sena alliance intact in Maharashtra (Lead) - Mar 13, 2009
- Sonia launches campaign with Pawar, attacks communal parties - Apr 10, 2009
Tags: aicc, bhandara, campaign rally, chandrapur, civil aviation, congress leader, congress president sonia gandhi, constituency, general secretary, india congress committee, kamptee, minister of state, mukul, naresh, ncp, praful patel, renewable energy, union minister, vilas muttemwar