Sonia Gandhi sends ‘chadar’ to sacred Ajmer Sharif shrineJune 27th, 2009 - 11:56 pm ICT by ANI
Ajmer, June 27(ANI): Union Ministers Salman Khursheed and Sachin Pilot offered a ‘chadar’ or holy cloth at the revered shrine of Sufi saint Khwaja Moin-ud-din Chisti in Ajmer on the occasion of 797 “Urs”, here on Saturday.
Khursheed and Pilot offered the ‘chadar’ on behalf of United Progressive Alliance Chairperson and Congress President Sonia Gandhi at the sacred Ajmer Sharif shrine.
“Everyday she (Sonia Gandhi) is praying for monsoon, in fact all of us are praying for rain. Congress leaders and thousands of other devotees have prayed for rain at this shrine and we hope that by the blessings of Khwaja Sahib (saint Khwaja Moin-ud-din Chisti) it will rain,” said Salman Khursheed.
Meanwhile, over 300 devotees from Pakistan arrived in Rajasthan’s Ajmer district on Saturday to offer prayers at the sacred Ajmer Sharif shrine.Devotees urged that both India and Pakistan should maintain good relationship.”India and Pakistan share a close and friendly relationship and both the countries should maintain this relationship as they are dependent on each other, sometimes problem arises but it should be sorted out and by the grace of God the relationship between both countries is improving,” said Naseer Khan, one of the devotees from Pakistan.
Devotees said that they wanted people of both countries to shed their cynical thinking.”People should leave their cynical mentality, people of both countries should change their mentality and start living in a peaceful manner which would be good for both the countries,” said Zafar Alam, another devotee from Pakistan.
It is believed that praying at the tomb of the saint fulfils a person’s wishes. Devotees visiting the shrine offer fresh flowers as a symbol of their devotion. (ANI)
- Prime Minister sends "Chadar" at Ajmer Sharif shrine - Jun 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh sends his offerings to Sufi saint's shrine - Jun 15, 2010
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer Sharif, donates $ 1m - Apr 08, 2012
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
- Muslim saints perform acrobatics in Ajmer ahead of 'Urs' - Jun 24, 2009
- Omar shown black flags in Ajmer - Apr 03, 2011
- Pakistan hails Indian bail to doctor - Apr 09, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi sends her offerings to Sufi saint's shrine - Jun 14, 2010
- Muslim dervishes on way to Ajmer Sharif perform daredevil acts - Jun 14, 2010
- Zardari donation will be for 'noble causes': Ajmer dargah (With Image) - Apr 09, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- SC grants bail to Pakistani doctor Chisty - Apr 09, 2012
- Bansal offers chadar at Ajmer on PM's behalf - Apr 08, 2012
- Ahead of Zardari visit, Ajmer's khadims remember Benazir - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: ajmer sharif, blessings, chairperson, chisti, congress leaders, congress president sonia gandhi, devotee, devotees, devotion, fresh flowers, friendly relationship, good relationship, grace of god, india and pakistan, mentality, monsoon, peaceful manner, progressive alliance, sufi saint, union ministers