Sonia Gandhi says Indias 1 billion people will stonewall terrorists nefarious designsNovember 27th, 2008 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.27 (ANI): The Congress President Sonia Gandhi has described the Mumbai terrorist attacks as an act of cowardice, which deserves the strongest possible condemnation.
The dastardly terrorist attack in Mumbai is an act of cowardice and deserves the strongest condemnation, said Sonia Gandhi, the Congress President and Chairperson of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
Expressing her condolence to the affected families due the Wednesday terrorist attacks, Sonia Gandhi said: I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of the bereaved and I pray that they will find the strength and fortitude in this moment of grief… the police and security forces have acted with remarkable courage and laid down their lives in protecting our citizens.
Sonia said: I salute the supreme sacrifice of these brave policemen. This reprehensible act has underscored the enormity of the threat posed by the forces of violence and terror.
We shall not allow such incidents to deter our firm resolve to combat terror in all its manifestations….Indias one billion people have the strength and courage to defend themselves against the assault on its unity and secular fabric… I urge the people of Mumbai to remain calm and firm in these testing times. I”m confident that the resilience of the people of Mumbai shall remain undeterred, ” Sonia added. (ANI)
Ends SD NNNN
- We sympathise with Mumbai blast victims: Dikshit - Jul 14, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- Bollywood in shock, says government must wake up - Jul 16, 2011
- EU condemns 'heinous' Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Judges, lawyers mourn blast deaths - Sep 08, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 55 at Shiite shrine in Kabul - Dec 07, 2011
- UNSC slams Bulgaria bombing - Jul 20, 2012
- PM expresses shock over US gurudwara killing - Aug 06, 2012
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- PM wants perpetrators caught as terror plot remains mystery - Jul 14, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit injured in Mumbai hospitals (Lead)(With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- US conveys solidarity over Delhi bombing - Sep 08, 2011
- European Council President Van Rompuy says there is no justification for Moscow attacks - Mar 29, 2010
- Mumbai terror: World leaders rally in solidarity (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2011
- Press Club condemns Times of India attack - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: bereaved, chairperson, condemnation, condolence, congress president sonia gandhi, cowardice, deepest sympathies, enormity, fortitude, manifestations, mumbai terror attack, nnnn, one billion, policemen, progressive alliance, remarkable courage, reprehensible act, resilience, security forces, strength and courage, supreme sacrifice