Sonia Gandhi lays foundation stone of womens medical college in HaryanaMarch 1st, 2009 - 5:10 pm ICT by ANI
Sonepat (Haryana), Mar 1 (ANI): United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of a womens medical college in the Bhagat Phool Singh University campus in Khanpur Kalan, Haryana.
She also unveiled a statue of Bhagat Phool Singh on the occasion.
A large number of armed police and security personnel were deployed for the visit.
Duty magistrates monitored the law and order situation.
Gandhi was scheduled to visit the village on February 9, but her visit was cancelled on account of the death of Chaudhary Ranbir Singh Hooda, the father of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda. (ANI)
- Sonia Gandhi to open Medical College for women in Sonepat - Feb 28, 2009
- Haryana gears up to be education hub - Oct 04, 2010
- Happiness gained from money, power limited: Sonia - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana varsity heads to serve till 68 years - Apr 27, 2010
- Haryana sets first central university rolling - Jan 04, 2010
- Age limit for vice chancellors in Haryana raised to 68 - Sep 07, 2010
- Foundation stone of Rohtak IIM laid - Oct 01, 2010
- Diplomatic pressure forced Pak to speak out truth: Sonia - Mar 01, 2009
- Power and money is not every thing: Sonia Gandhi - Feb 01, 2011
- Hooda detractors make themselves heard (Haryana Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana Congress leaves state chief choice to Sonia - Sep 12, 2010
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Haryana Olympics players to get over Rs.6.5 crore - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: armed police, chairperson, chief minister, foundation stone, hooda, kalan, law and order, magistrates, medical college, phool, progressive alliance, ranbir singh, security personnel, sonepat, sonia gandhi, UPA