Sonia flags-off Srinagar-Dubai flightFebruary 14th, 2009 - 7:44 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Feb 14, (ANI): United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Saturday flagged off the first Air India Express weekly flight to Dubai.
Airport Authority of India (AAI) official said Jammu and Kashmir would now appear on the global air map.
Initially, only one flight will be operated on every Saturday and introduction of more flights will depend on the response of valley people, he said.
The first international flight from the Srinagar airport took off to Saudi Arabias Jeddah in January 2002 for Haj pilgrims. (ANI)
- First flight of Haj pilgrims arrives in Srinagar - Nov 30, 2011
- After 4 years, fly Srinagar-Jeddah this Haj - Sep 12, 2012
- PM's intervention sought for Kashmir's Haj pilgrims - Oct 06, 2010
- First Haj flight leaves Srinagar for Jeddah - Oct 20, 2009
- 19 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 15, 2011
- Haj subsidy to end in 10 years, rules Supreme Court (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- 101,072 Indian Hajis reach Saudi Arabia - Oct 25, 2011
- 16 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 14, 2011
- Krishna flags off first batch of Haj pilgrims from Mangalore - Oct 25, 2009
- Over 23,000 Indians arrive in Saudi Arabia for Haj - Oct 05, 2011
- Three Indian Haj pilgrims die - Oct 07, 2011
- Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Omar, Chidambaram meet PM, discuss Kashmir interlocutors (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- Arrangements in place for Haj pilgrims: Civil aviation ministry - Sep 16, 2010
- Andhra minister returns home after row over Saudi visit - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: air india, air india express, airport authority of india, airport authority of india aai, chairperson, dubai airport, feb 14, flags, flights, global air, haj pilgrims, international flight, jeddah, kashmir, map, progressive alliance, saudi arabias, sonia gandhi, srinagar airport