Somnath Chatterjee to address Bangladesh MP’’sFebruary 20th, 2009 - 3:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 20 (ANI): Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee will address newly-elected Members of Parliament of Bangladesh this weekend.
Besides sharing his experiences, Chatterjee will talk on several issues, including the importance of parliamentary democracy and the proper functioning of Parliament.
The Speaker is expected to brief MPs on how to conduct business in Parliament.
Chatterjee has, on a regular basis, expressed his anguish over the disruption of proceedings and behaviour of members in the House.
Earlier, Chatterjee had criticized MPs for their behaviour, saying they did not deserve even one paisa of public money.
“I think Parliament should be adjourned sine die. Public money should not be spent on useless allowances for you. You don”t deserve one paise of public money,” Chatterjee had said as several MPs stormed the well of Lok Sabha raising a spate of issues and disrupted Question Hour.
The Speaker hoped that the people of the country would give a ”fit verdict” in the coming elections. (ANI)
- Somnath criticizes MPs for disrupting Question Hour - Feb 19, 2009
- Somnath Chatterjee withdraws his comments against MPs - Feb 20, 2009
- With 86 pending bills, citizens cry foul over uruly MPs in parliament - Sep 14, 2011
- A day after losing his cool, speaker wishes MPs well - Feb 20, 2009
- You don't deserve a single paisa, Chatterjee tells MPs (Lead) - Feb 19, 2009
- Somnath's new dilemma: silent MPs - Feb 25, 2009
- Both houses of parliament adjourned again - Nov 24, 2011
- Routine disruptions in parliament unfortunate: Somnath - May 12, 2010
- Parliament ruckus a sad experience, says Meira Kumar - Dec 13, 2010
- Parliament adjourned for 11th day, MPs pay tribute to 26/11 victims (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2010
- Chidambaram in eye of parliament storm, houses adjourned - Nov 22, 2011
- Parliament's least productive session ends (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2010
- BJP demands Chidambaram's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Frequent disruptions will render house irrelevant: Speaker - May 07, 2010
- Parliament adjourned again after 26/11 tributes (Second Lead) - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: anguish, bangladesh mp, disruption, elections, experiences, Lok Sabha, members of parliament, mps, New Delhi, paisa, paise, parliament, parliamentary democracy, proceedings, public money, somnath chatterjee, spate