Someone must be responsible for Babri mosque demolition, says ChidambaramDecember 8th, 2009 - 8:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.8 (ANI): Opposition parties led by Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday created ruckus in the Lok Sabha by resorting to loud sloganeering to disrupt Union Home Minister P.Chidambaram while making a statement over the Librehan Commission’s report related to Babri mosque demolition during the ongoing discussion.
Amidst slogan shouting of “Jai Jai” and “Jai Shree Ram”, the Home Minister continued with his statement despite not much could be heard due to BJP members’ noise.
Addressing the Speaker, Chidambaram said there is only one issue before the Parliament and that is who demolished the Babri mosque and added that someone must be held responsible for it.
During his statement, the Union Home Minister charged the then U.P. Chief Minister (Kalyan Singh) saying that promises made to protect Babri masjid was a big lie. Every promise was broken by the Uttar Pradesh CM.
Home Minister said the police was a mute spectator (at the time of demolition of Babri mosque) while adding that the Uttar Pradesh CM lied to the Centre and the court.
Charging the BJP leaders of making provocative speeches during the demolition of the mosque in 1992, Chidambaram asked through his reply : “Tell us where did the axes and Lathis (sticks) came from? Tell us what was discussed at the morning of December 6.”
He also said the report holds senior RSS leaders responsible.
“Someone must be responsible for demolition,” Chidambaram said.
On the then Prime Minister and Congress leader Narasimha Rao, Chidambaram said that Rao made a bad political judgement by trusting the BJP and it cost his the Government.
Justice Liberhan’s report over Babri mosque demolition , which took him 17 years to finalise, was recently tabled in the Parliament by the Government and stated that there was a conspiracy to demolish the Babri mosque. He has charged many senior BJP and RSS leaders for the whole incident which took place in 1992 in Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh. (ANI)
- BJP fully responsible for Babri mosque demolition: Chidambaram (Lead) - Dec 08, 2009
- We own Ayodhya movement, but not going to apologise: RSS - Nov 24, 2009
- BJP dismisses Liberhan report; Congress blames RSS (Roundup) - Dec 08, 2009
- Absurd to suggest Narasimha Rao was indifferent to Babri razing: Naresh Chandra - Jul 11, 2012
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- 19 years after Babri demolition, Ram temple on backburner? - Dec 05, 2011
- Mosque demolition: CBI challenges Advani clean-chit (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Supreme Court issues notice to Advani and others in Babri Masjid demolition case - Mar 04, 2011
- Cannot trust BJP, VHP, RSS on Ayodhya: Digvijay - Sep 20, 2010
- Centre tables Librehan report in Parliament, SP, BJP leaders scuffle - Nov 24, 2009
- No hand in leakage of Liberhan Commission report: Home Ministry - Nov 25, 2009
- Liberhan report used for character assassination: BJP - Dec 07, 2009
- Congress betrayed Muslims: Mayawati - Dec 18, 2011
- CPI-M accuses Liberhan of 'political bias' - Nov 25, 2009
- Congress has dual position on Babri, says Brinda Karat - Nov 24, 2009
Tags: babri mosque, big lie, bjp leaders, chief minister, congress leader, jai jai, jai shree, janata party, kalyan singh, Lok Sabha, masjid, narasimha rao, opposition parties, p chidambaram, political judgement, ruckus, senior bjp, shree ram, union home minister, uttar pradesh