Some interesting poll-related factsApril 16th, 2009 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr.16 (ANI): Following are some interesting poll-related facts
Lakshdweep -105 Polling booth accessible by boats only
-EVMs were carried to Minicoy Island by helicopter
Andaman Nicobar Island
-The Andaman Nicober group of Islands is one constituency and is 700 Km. long. Many places require 35-40 hrs journey by ships. Poll personal to some places has been dispatched by helicopter.
-Four polling stations i.e 13-Lumta and 12-Pakke-Kessang (ST) Assembly Segment, 40-Mramboo under 41-Anini (ST) Asembly Segment and 35 - Upper Modoi Deep under 49-Bordumsa-Diyum Assembly Segment each have 3 voters respectively
-Many polling parties in Tawang, Kurung Kumey, Upper Subanisiri, upper Siang, Mechuka, Dibang Valley, Anjaw, etc have reqched their poling station by foot for 3-4 days from nearest helipad/road head.
-690 polling parties have been transported by helicopter to remote villages bordering Myanmar and China border.
-Highest polling stations are located at Thinghbu (alt. 12148 feet) and Mago (alt.12248 feet) and Luguthand (alt.13,157 feet) which are also snow bound and located on the Indo-China border.
-Porters have been engaged for carrying the polling materials for 5 polling stations as it involves a 40 km trek through an area infested with wild elephants in Bokaijan District. (ANI)
- Some will take ship, some climb peaks to cast their vote - Apr 15, 2009
- India to up defences in Andamans, Lakshadweep - Jun 27, 2011
- Just three voters in two Arunachal poll booths - Oct 11, 2009
- Vote 2009: Climb every mountain, cross every stream - May 14, 2009
- India's coastal security plan yet to take off (Three years after 26/11) - Nov 25, 2011
- India opens new naval base overlooking Malacca Strait - Jul 31, 2012
- First Indian seaplane service launches Monday - Dec 26, 2010
- First Indian seaplane service launched - Dec 27, 2010
- India gets hawk eye over Strait of Malacca - Jul 30, 2012
- Andaman Nicobar islands to have more airbases - Feb 05, 2010
- First Indian seaplane service launched (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Crocodile Attack Kills US Student - May 09, 2010
- PM, Sonia visit Assam to assess flood situation - Jul 02, 2012
- Apex court bars tourism near Jarawa tribal reserve - Jul 03, 2012
- NDMA rules out tsunami threat to India - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: anini, asembly, assam, boats, constituency, head 690, helicopter, helipad, indo china, mago, myanmar, New Delhi, nicobar island, poll, polling booth, polling stations, porters, segment, st assembly, wild elephants