Somalian pirates hijack Mumbai-bound ship, crew reported safeSeptember 17th, 2008 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Sept 17 (ANI): The 22-member crew, including 18 Indians, of a ship abducted by Somalian pirates, is reported to be safe, the Coast Guard PRO said on Wednesday.
The Coast Guard PRO Commandant Kulpreet Yadav has confirmed that the Panama-owned oil tanker MT Stolt Valor was hijacked from the Gulf of Aden on Monday.
The Coast Guard’’s Mumbai-based Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre said on Wednesday that 15 pirates had boarded the vessel, bound for Mumbai from Suez , about 38 nautical miles off the coast of Yemen .
All crew on board are reported to be safe and the vessel is being taken to Somalia .
Besides 18 Indians, there are two Philippinoes, one Bangladeshi and a Russian crew aboard the Merchant Tanker, registered in Hong Kong . (ANI)
- Italian ship with six Indians onboard hijacked - Oct 11, 2011
- Indian Navy foils pirate attack on Chinese vessel - May 06, 2011
- 'Fresh piracy attempt on freed merchant ship, crew safe' (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Indian marine commandos chase pirate ship away from Arabian Sea - Nov 30, 2010
- Two-month ordeal was nightmare: Stolt Valor captain (Lead) - Nov 18, 2008
- Ordeal ends for Indian sailors' families (With: Hijacked ship with 18 Indians on board freed) - Nov 16, 2008
- Somali pirates release 16 Indian - Mar 22, 2009
- Somali pirates seize ship with 12 crew - Sep 25, 2010
- Ship with 21 Indian crewmen aboard released - Jan 14, 2012
- Abandoned ship M.T. Pavit's sea journey being 're-created' - Aug 05, 2011
- Hijacked ship with 18 Indians on board freed (Lead) - Nov 16, 2008
- Panamanian-flagged vessel pirated off Somalia - Nov 11, 2010
- Pakistan to seek UN help in hijacked crewmen release - Aug 27, 2010
- Indian Navy saves Chinese ship from pirates (Roundup) - May 06, 2011
- 'We are waiting to celebrate with the crew of Stolt Valor' - Nov 17, 2008
Tags: abducted, coast guard, commandant, gulf of aden, hong kong, indians, maritime rescue, member crew, nautical miles, New Delhi, oil tanker, panama, rescue coordination centre, russian crew, ship crew, somalia, somalian pirates, stolt, suez, yadav