Sohrabuddin fake encounter: SC rejects bail plea of IPS officer DineshFebruary 5th, 2010 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 5 (ANI): The Supreme Court on Friday rejected the bail application of Indian Police Service (IPS) officer M N Dinesh, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Dinesh is a Rajasthan cadre officer.
An apex court bench consisting Justice P Sathsivam and Justice H L Dattu, however, granted liberty to the IPS officer to move the Gujarat High Court with his plea and treated his bail application as “dismissed as withdrawn”.
Dinesh’s counsel argued that he (Dinesh) should be granted bail in view of the changed circumstances as the apex court had recently entrusted the investigation into the killings to the CBI.
Earlier, the apex court had asked the CBI to probe if there was any larger conspiracy to the killings and submit the report within six months for its perusal.
Dinesh was earlier granted bail by a Sessions Court in Gujarat.
However, the Gujarat High Court, on an appeal by the state, cancelled Dinesh’s bail.
On Wednesday, a team of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) initiated the probe into the alleged fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and disappearance of his wife Kausarbi.
The Gujarat police argued that Sohrabuddin was involved in a conspiracy to kill State Chief Minister Narendra Modi. (ANI)
- Top Gujarat cop arrested in Sohrabuddin fake encounter case - Apr 28, 2010
- CBI team arrives at Gandhinagar to investigate Sohrabuddin encounter - Feb 03, 2010
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati case few days - Aug 28, 2012
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI plea against Amit Shah bail in Supreme Court - Dec 14, 2010
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati killing in few days (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- CBI gets another month to probe Prajapati killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah heads for Mumbai on Supreme Court's orders - Oct 31, 2010
- Strong proof against 13 cops in Sohrabuddin killing: Shah (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- CBI moves petition before Supreme Court against Amit Shah - Oct 30, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah gets bail - Oct 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Gujarat HC to decide on Amit Shah's fate - Oct 29, 2010
- CBI arrests Ahmedabad cop for Sohrabuddin killing (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- No vendetta against Amit Shah, CBI tells apex court - Sep 28, 2011
- Sohrabuddin killing: Accused cop's bail plea rejected - Jan 10, 2011
- Gujarat minister headed 'crime syndicate', apex court told - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, conspiracy, counsel argued that, court bench, disappearance, encounter, gujarat high court, gujarat police, indian police service, killings, New Delhi, perusal, plea, sessions court, six months, sohrabuddin sheikh