Sohrabuddin case: Shah behind Sabarmati bars, in 14-day judicial custodyJuly 25th, 2010 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
Gandhinagar, July 25 (ANI): Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday sent into 14 days judicial custody in connection with the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case after the Central Bureau of Investigation presented him before Judge A.Y.Dave.
Shah will remain in the Sabarmati Central Jail for fourteen days, but will apply for bail.
The CBI reportedly didn’t press for Shah’s remand.
Shah was arrested at the State CBI headquarters here before being whisked away to Justice Dave’s residence for his subsequent remand order.
Earlier addressing media persons in Ahmedabad, Shah said all allegations against him are politically motivated.
“All the allegations against me are fabricated. None of the allegations are true. Everything is politically motivated,” he added
“I am being framed. I will expose the people who are framing me,” he added.
Shah said he had received the CBI summons only yesterday and would respond to all charges.
He requested that his questioning by the CBI be video-taped and be presented in court.
He further attacked the Congress for using the CBI as a political tool, and said, ” I am not afraid of any process of law, and we will fight it out in a court of law. I am confident of getting justice.
“There have been 1700 encounters in the country, but why are the encounters in Gujarat being inquired into. The Congress have not won any election in Gujarat in the past twenty years, and they have no other recourse left,” he added.
On Friday, a CBI court in Gandhinagar rejected Shah’s anticipatory bail plea that he had filed through his lawyer to avoid arrest in connection with the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
The CBI has filed a 30,000-page charge sheet against Shah, accusing him of complicity in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
They now want to conduct his trial and eventual imprisonment outside the state of Gujarat
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005. (ANI)
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI arrests Amit Shah - Jul 25, 2010
- 'I am being framed, charges against me politically motivated', says Shah - Jul 25, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI plea against Amit Shah bail in Supreme Court - Dec 14, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Gujarat HC to decide on Amit Shah's fate - Oct 29, 2010
- Amit Shah to get chargesheet today - Jul 27, 2010
- Strong proof against 13 cops in Sohrabuddin killing: Shah (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGP - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI reaches Sabarmati jail to question Shah - Aug 07, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI challenges lower court order on Amit Shah's remand - Aug 05, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah heads for Mumbai on Supreme Court's orders - Oct 31, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah gets bail - Oct 29, 2010
- Gujarat ex-DSP M.K. Amin turns approver against Amit Shah - Jul 26, 2010
- CBI moves petition before Supreme Court against Amit Shah - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: allegations, amit shah, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, central jail, complicity, encounter, fourteen days, home minister, imprisonment, judicial custody, lawyer, media persons, political tool, recourse, remand, state of gujarat, summons, twenty years