Sohrabuddin case: Jethmalani accuses CBI of leaking detailsJuly 27th, 2010 - 9:25 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 27 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP and noted criminal lawyer Ram Jethmalani on Tuesday accused the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) of leaking media details of former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
“The accused does not have the charge sheet but the media has it. This is the CBI’s design. Excerpts of the charge sheet were being carried in newspaper reports everyday but Shah had still not been provided with a copy,” said Jethmalani, who has agreed to provide legal assistance to Shah in the alleged case.
Further lashing out at the CBI, he said: “I condemn the act. The CBI is holding press conferences.”
Earlier on Monday, Jethmalani had rushed to Ahmedabad to provide legal assistance to Shah, who is lodged in the Sabarmati Jail at present.
Shah was arrested on Sunday and sent to judicial custody till August 7.
A CBI court in Gandhinagar rejected Shah’s anticipatory bail plea on Friday that he had filed through his lawyer to avoid arrest in connection with the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
The CBI has filed a 30,000-page charge sheet against Shah, accusing him of complicity in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
They now want to conduct his trial and eventual imprisonment outside the state of Gujarat.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005. (ANI)
- Amit Shah to get chargesheet today - Jul 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGP - Jul 29, 2010
- Gujarat ex-DSP M.K. Amin turns approver against Amit Shah - Jul 26, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI begins questioning Amit Shah - Jul 28, 2010
- Resignation of Amit Shah too little too late: Congress - Jul 24, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Shah behind Sabarmati bars, in 14-day judicial custody - Jul 25, 2010
- Amit Shah likely to appear before media as CBI seeks trial outside Gujarat - Jul 25, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI to quiz Narendra Modi? - Jul 29, 2010
- 'I am being framed, charges against me politically motivated', says Shah - Jul 25, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah resigns - Jul 24, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI arrests Amit Shah - Jul 25, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI pits Tulsi against Jethmalani - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Hearing on Amit Shah's bail plea adjourned till Sept. 16 - Sep 09, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI court adjourns Shah's bail plea till Sept 9 - Sep 07, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah's bail hearing deferred till August 17 - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,