Sohrabuddin case: CBI to quiz Narendra Modi?July 29th, 2010 - 1:47 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, July 29 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team is likely to seek permission from its headquarters to question Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
According to television reports, the investigating agency may want Modi to answer some questions in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
The CBI wants to know if Modi was aware of the attempts being made by top police officials to scuttle the probe.
If Modi is summoned for questioning, it will be for the second time this year. He was earlier questioned by a Special Investigation Team in a Gujarat riots case.
Earlier, the CBI has summoned former Gujarat DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with the case. CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the fake encounter case.
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for questioning by the CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers, including G C Raigar and O P Mathur.
On Wednesday, a three member CBI team posed 32 questions before former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah. He was grilled inside the Sabarmati jail premises.
According to sources, Amit Shah kept saying, “I don’t know and I have never been to these places.”
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case to CBI in January this year.
The investigating agency has so far arrested Amit Shah, IPS officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra Jirawala in the case.
Shah was arrested on Sunday and sent to judicial custody till August 7.
The CBI has filed a 30,000-page charge sheet against Shah, accusing him of complicity in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005. (ANI)
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGP - Jul 29, 2010
- CBI summons IPS officer Geeta Johri in Sohrabuddin case - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI asks case to be shifted out of Gujarat - Jul 30, 2010
- Ambika Soni slams Modi over 'contract killing' remarks - Aug 26, 2010
- CBI to file interim report in Sohrabuddin case - Jul 30, 2010
- Sohrabuddin encounter: Modi slams CBI case against Amit Shah - Jul 30, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah bail plea hearing today - Aug 02, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Ahmedabad court adjourns hearing till August 10 - Aug 03, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI wants Amit Shah to be remanded for five days - Aug 02, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI likely to seek 3 months extension from apex court - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Geeta Johri appears before CBI - Aug 26, 2010
- Sohrabuddin fake encounter case: CBI summons Gujarat's Home Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Geeta Johri accuses CBI of pressurising her - Aug 28, 2010
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- Advani visits Amit Shah in Sabarmati Jail - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: august 11, august 7, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, chudasama, complicity, encounter, gujarat, home minister, investigating agency, investigation team, ips officers, judicial custody, mathur, modi, police officials, riots, sohrabuddin sheikh, television reports