Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGPJuly 29th, 2010 - 12:14 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, July 29 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned former Gujarat DGP P C Pandey for questioning in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the fake encounter case.
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for questioning by the CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers, including G C Raigar and O P Mathur.
On Wednesday, a three member CBI team posed 32 questions before former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
He was grilled inside the Sabarmati jail premises.
According to sources, Shah kept saying, “I don’t know and I have never been to these places.”
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case to CBI in January this year.
The investigating agency has so far arrested Amit Shah, IPS officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra Jirawala in the case.
Shah was arrested on Sunday and sent to judicial custody till August 7.
A CBI court in Gandhinagar rejected Shah’s anticipatory bail plea on Friday that he had filed through his lawyer to avoid arrest in connection with the fake encounter case.
Earlier, former Gujarat Deputy Superintendent of Police, M.K. Amin turned approver against Shah in connection with the case. Amin is one of the three main accused IPS officers involved in the encounter case. The other two are D.G. Vanzara, and R.K. Pandian.
The CBI has filed a 30,000-page charge sheet against Shah, accusing him of complicity in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005. (ANI)
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI to quiz Narendra Modi? - Jul 29, 2010
- Amit Shah to get chargesheet today - Jul 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Order on cop's bail plea reserved - Aug 26, 2011
- Gujarat ex-DSP M.K. Amin turns approver against Amit Shah - Jul 26, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI begins questioning Amit Shah - Jul 28, 2010
- CBI summons IPS officer Geeta Johri in Sohrabuddin case - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Ahmedabad court adjourns hearing till August 10 - Aug 03, 2010
- Amin's approver plea opposed by Vanzara, other co-accused (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Amin's approver plea opposed by co-accused - Jul 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI likely to seek 3 months extension from apex court - Jul 29, 2010
- Six top Gujarat cops to be quizzed in Sohrabuddin killing - Apr 30, 2010
- CBI files chargesheet against Shah, 14 others in Sohrabbuddin encounter case - Jul 23, 2010
- Sohrabuddin killing: Decision on cop's plea to turn approver Oct 7 - Sep 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah bail plea hearing today - Aug 02, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI asks case to be shifted out of Gujarat - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, amin, august 11, august 7, bail plea, cbi court, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, chudasama, complicity, deputy superintendent, gandhinagar, gujarat, home minister, investigating agency, ips officers, judicial custody, mathur, pandian, sohrabuddin sheikh