Sohrabuddin case: Ahmedabad court adjourns hearing till August 10August 3rd, 2010 - 7:52 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Aug 3 (ANI): The designated court at Ahmedabad on Tuesday adjourned the hearing in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case till August 10 and directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to give copy of the charge sheet to the accused.
The Judge was to hear an application of Narendra Amin, the suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police and an accused in the case.
“Now that today the court, the CBI has appeared and filed the application for recording the statement of Narendra Kumar Amin first and other accused have also filed their applications to supply the copy of charge sheet first,” said Amin’s counsel Jagdish Ramani.
“Thereafter they will file the objections against the application of Narendra Kumar Amin and therefore the court has adjourned the matter to August 10 to supply the copies of charge sheet first,” he added.
Amin had earlier filed an application seeking permission to turn an approver in the case.
The CBI has charged former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah with murder, abduction, extortion and conspiracy in this case.
Earlier, the CBI summoned Geetha Johri, the first woman IPS officer of Gujarat, in connection with the case.
Johri, who was the part of Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the case, has been asked to appear before the CBI on August 10.
Earlier, the CBI has also summoned former Gujarat Director General of Police (DGP) P C Pandey and asked him to appear before it on August 11. Pandey was DGP of Gujarat when the state CID was investigating the fake encounter case.
The Supreme Court on January 12 has handed over the investigation of the case to the CBI asking it to place before it the report on the progress of the probe within six months by July 31.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005. (ANI)
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGP - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI to quiz Narendra Modi? - Jul 29, 2010
- CBI summons IPS officer Geeta Johri in Sohrabuddin case - Jul 29, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Geeta Johri accuses CBI of pressurising her - Aug 28, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Geeta Johri appears before CBI - Aug 26, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah bail plea hearing today - Aug 02, 2010
- Amit Shah to get chargesheet today - Jul 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI asks case to be shifted out of Gujarat - Jul 30, 2010
- Sohrabuddin encounter: Modi slams CBI case against Amit Shah - Jul 30, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Hearing on Amit Shah's bail plea adjourned till Sept. 16 - Sep 09, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI wants Amit Shah to be remanded for five days - Aug 02, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI begins questioning Amit Shah - Jul 28, 2010
- Ambika Soni slams Modi over 'contract killing' remarks - Aug 26, 2010
- CBI to file interim report in Sohrabuddin case - Jul 30, 2010
- CBI files chargesheet against Shah, 14 others in Sohrabbuddin encounter case - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: abduction, amin, approver, august 10, august 11, cbi, central bureau of investigation, conspiracy, deputy superintendent, dgp, director general, extortion, first woman, gujarat, home minister, investigation team, jagdish, narendra kumar, objections, sohrabuddin sheikh