Snoop Dogg’’s Australian tour in doubt due to criminal pastAugust 27th, 2008 - 7:15 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 27 (ANI): American rapper Snoop Doggs Australian tour seems to be hanging in the air as the Federal Government has decided to investigate his criminal history.
Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr, had applied for a visa to Australia last month for a planned tour in October with fellow hip-hop star Ice Cube.
He had been given provisional approval for the visa by the Immigration Department last week, but the tour once again seems to be in doubt because the department has decided to carry out a full assessment of Snoop Dogg’’s character before granting a visa.
A department spokesman said that the provisional approval was given after a preliminary assessment of Snoop Dogg’’s character.
“That process is in line with the procedures established by the previous government on the consideration of visa applicants,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
“Mr Broadus has not been granted a visa, there are further steps required beyond character assessment before a visa is granted.
“The department has now decided to do a full assessment of the character of Mr Broadus,” he added.
Snoop Dogg withdrew his application for a visa to Australia last year when he failed to pass the character requirements for a visa, after pleading no contest to gun and drug charges in the United States.
The Immigration Department denied it was responding to public complaints from victims of crime groups.
“Community complaints have no effect on the grant or otherwise of a visa. Each application is assessed individually on its merits,” a spokesman said. (ANI)
- Snoop Dogg gets visa for Oz tour - Sep 12, 2008
- Actress Cameron Diaz confesses that she used to buy drugs from Snoop Dogg in school - Jan 21, 2011
- Snoop Dogg wants to rap with David Beckham - Apr 21, 2010
- Snoop Dogg's U.K ban lifted - Mar 30, 2010
- Cameron Diaz Remarks That Snoop Dogg Vended Her Marijuana In High School - Jan 21, 2011
- Marijuana Devotee, Snoop Dogg, Banned From Delivering A Rendition At A Dutch Music Carnival - Jun 18, 2010
- Snoop Dogg gets permission to enter Britain - Mar 04, 2010
- Indian students once again head for Australia - May 09, 2012
- Ease visa restrictions for India, China: Australian varsities - May 04, 2011
- Now get confirmed admission for Oz student visa - Nov 09, 2011
- Australia to end IELTS monopoly for student visas - Oct 17, 2011
- Faster, easier Australian visas for students - Sep 22, 2011
- Australia to relax visa norms to woo students - Sep 22, 2011
- Daughter's illness saved my marriage: Snoop Dogg - Jul 08, 2010
- Snoop Dogg Banned From Dutch Music Festival - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: character requirements, community complaints, cordozar calvin broadus, department spokesman, hip hop star, immigration department, news com au, pleading no contest, provisional approval, visa applicants